Doctor Doctor ♡: Rihanna

*TW: Homophobia

Rihanna/you

(1,116 words)

Y/n's POV

Ever since I was a little girl my mother had kept me under a watchful eye, claiming that I was her most prized possession. Believing she could live out her dreams through my life, she had me consistently pampered by servants, cosmetologists, and fitness gurus. My existence was dedicated to achieving perfection - after all being the daughter of a woman who had divorced a handful of famous rich men, I had no excuse to be less than. As my high school career came close to an end, her famous motto became my daily reminder. Every breath I took was overtaken by her saying ,"you don't have to go to college and obtain a high salary career to become rich, that's far too much work. simply just marry a rich man, a doctor perhaps". Of course I never took it to heart knowing I dreamed of becoming a doctor myself, regardless of what her motto was. Around that same time I had built up the courage to come out to her, seeing as I had no worries being her proclaimed "prized possession". That was five years ago when she left me to fend for myself on the streets of Orange County after coming out. And it was five years ago that I met my beautiful wife Rihanna. Now at 22 years old I'm married to the love of my life who happens to be a pop star and all connections with my mother have been severed. Life couldn't get much better. And I was right, less than a week ago my mom managed to contact me in hopes of initiating some sort of reconciliation.

"Babe i'm gonna support you regardless of what you wanna do, but I hope you know that no one is forcing you to do this,"  Rihanna gently whispered as she hovered over me with her arms wrapped around my waist and head perched on my shoulder.

I let out a panicky whimper in response and motioned to her that I was ready to go and see my mother. I thought it was a good idea for me to bring Rihanna because I wasn't going to miss an opportunity to boast about my beautiful wife to my homophobic mother. Though I took so much pride in having Robyn as my wife, a large part of me still feared my mom disapproving of us.

Rihanna settled her large hand on my upper thigh as she simultaneously drove and sang along to her album I insisted on playing. As I began to nervously fiddle with her fingers my panic quickly became evident to her.

"We're in this together baby girl, no matter what happens," she comfortingly said, hoping to calm my anxiety.

 It wasn't long before we had driven past the oh so familiar gates of my childhood home.  Getting out of our car, we joined arms while approaching the door. The second the front door swung open following the door bell chime,  greetings and apologies began to fly from my mothers mouth. She sat us down on the living room love seat and silentlypropped herself on the opposite couch.

 "So you're not even going to introduce me to your friend darling?" she started. 

"Oh, my name is Rihanna, I'm Y/n's w-friend!"

Robyn looked at me with fury and confusion bubbling in her widened eyes, accompanied by a growing scowl.

"She is my best friend who I love very very much" I said maintaining eye contact with Robyn hoping she would understand why I did what I did. She gave me a compassionate look I knew too well to let me know that I was off the hook for now.

"Good, I'm glad shes nothing more. Anyways Rihanna, i'm assuming that's your beautiful G Wagon out there. My daughter could never. What do you do for a living? Married to a rich man I suppose? I always told Y/n that attending college to become a doctor is useless considering you can marry one and get just as far in life with less effort."

Rihanna's expression switched from a menacing scowl to a cocky smirk. She was up to something, and whatever it was I knew it was going to piss my mom off.

Her thick Barbadian accent rung out with every spout of sass , "Actually I am married to someone very rich Mrs.Y/l/n.  One of the best, most popular doctors in Los Angeles and probably even on the whole West Coast."

Oh shit. She finna expose our asses. 

" Oh really!!! See Y/n, I told you I was always right about what wonders marrying a rich man can do for you. Whats his name? I might know him."

"Dr. Y/n Y/l/n Fenty" Rihanna cutely sassed followed by an amusing display of jazz hands. 

And in an instant I saw my mothers jaw completely unhinge and drop to the ground. Warmth and redness began to flood my cheeks as I giggled and dug my face into Robyn's neck.

"And mom i'm married to my best friend Rihanna who I love very very much. An international singer, fashion designer, businesswoman, actress, makeup mogul, ambassador to Barbados, and the love of my life," I foolishly and lovingly yelled with pride.  

Soon enough, the room drowned with not only the laughter of Rihanna and I, but also that of the maids, butlers, and chauffeur surrounding us. The giggling didn't stem from homophobic mocking of Robyn and I but rather in support of us and a subtle ridicule of my mother.  As quickly as we were welcomed into her house, my mother had shooed us out in pure embarrassment from how clearly successful and gay her daughter was without her guidance.

Robyn quickly hoisted me into bridal style, still yelping with laughter and began to pepper  my face with kisses. 

"I swear on my life her jaw dropped lower than my ball sack did after puberty when I first told her you were mine. I thought it was gonna completely detach after you told her I was yours. I told you we're in this together baby girl."

I tugged on her arm so that she would let me down and I could give her a big sloppy passionate kiss on my tippy toes. 

" I love you so much Robyn" 

"I love you too Y/n"

She opened the passenger door for me, allowing me to struggle with hoisting myself into the tall car. Unbeknownst to me, she spotted my mom watching us from the balcony in disgust and disapproval. 

"You're one sexy ass doctor," she obnoxiously yelled. Purposely slapping my ass while trying to help me into the high vehicle to piss my mom off and send her into a childish rage. 

________________________________________________________________________________ Hope you enjoyed!!! 

Let me know what you think.