chapter 1

The party was in full swing, politicians, businessmen and other honourable men of the country were present there. Drinks were being served, dancers were bustling trying to entice them. These kinds of parties were common in their circle. Haarij came and sat down beside his friend, who was busy enjoying his drink, his sole focus was on the rim of the glass as if there were nothing more interesting present in the party for him to see.

"No plans to have company tonight as well?" Haarij asked, taking a sip of wine from his stemware.

Zarkhan raised his beautiful cold grey eyes and took a look over. There were girls of all types, skin colors and sensuality, who would have done anything at a swipe of his finger, but no one held his interest.

He again turned his focus on his glass and shook his head.

"You should give them a chance at least. They could be a nice way to spend an evening.”Haarij said, trying to provoke him.
When Zarkhan didn't say anything he continued, as if bored with him "This one night of fun doesn't attract you, all those models and elite beauties can't charm you."

" This glass holds more euphoria than any of them when it comes to me." Zarkhan said, stating a fact. No girl had ever been able to hold his interest. At most , he could appreciate their beauty for a few seconds, but then they all blended into the same thing.

"My friend! if I didn't know you any better, I would have thought you were gay." Haarij said laughing.

The minister's son who had thrown the party came near them, "Is there anything needed?" He asked, with a mischievous smile.

" Nah! We would actually take our leave now.” Haarij stated.

"So soon? But the actual fun had just begun." The minister's son said, looking at a dancer who was coming towards them. Her whole focus was on Zarkhan, his ‘I don't care attitude’, all the extra attention he didn't like, coming with his looks. He was indeed a handsome guy with a 6'2 height, jet black hair and beautiful grey eyes.

His features were sharp and cold, as if he could cut people with a look only.

On the other hand, Haarij was also very handsome, but in a different way, he stood 6 feet with chocolate brown eyes and hair. The eyes with which he could melt people in a good way and bad way too.

"Actually, we have an early morning flight, so..." Haarij reasoned as Zarkhan stood up.

"Ok then, Mr Awan and Mr Sherazi." He said, shaking their hands.

Zarkhan breezed through the girl, as if he didn't even notice her presence, who was trying her hardest to attract him.

Haarij chuckled as they sat in the BMW. He was actually a fan of how easily Zarkhan could avoid people.
"Aunty called me in the evening, while you were at the meeting." Haarij informed zarkhan about her mother's call.

"What did she say?" Zarkhan asked.
"A friend of hers died in an accident, that’s why she needed to leave for Lahore. She just wanted to inform you, if you had any plans to return back home." Haarij explained.

"It doesn't look like I will have a chance to return anytime soon. There are some issues in Dubai's office, I need to check on and then the rest of the work." Zarkhan said.

"Hm, I will return a er taking a look over the new hotel." Haarij said, as he relaxed in his seat.

"SherAfgan was asking for help with the current case." Haarij said, talking about a close friend and the health minister of the state.

"Zain, call the head, who is handling his case and tell him to end it as soon as he can. He doesn't want to come in our way. Zarkhan said, finally addressing his personal assistant who was sitting beside the driver. Zarkhan had always been short with his words, he wasn't much fond of talking, until needed to.

"Ok sir." Zain said quickly, knowing the temper of his boss .

--------------------

Assalam u alaikum readers ! here comes the first update . :)