Chapter 5: Mornings

It has been a few weeks since school started and I couldn't contain my excitement since training is said to begin after classes today. I really did miss training with the team. I just hope they trained during the break we had.

When I saw a familiar olive haired man enter the classroom, I took out the magazine he gave me and handed it to him. "I really enjoyed reading this. Thank you, Ushijima-kun." I said smiling at him. This has been going on for a few weeks now. Whenever I return one of his magazines, he would lend me another one.

He nodded and as he was about to take out another magazine for me, I hurriedly grabbed his arm to stop him. "How about we go get something from the school store?" I said. I wasn't in the mood to read this early in the morning since Aomine kept me up all night saying how excited he was for training to begin.

Ushijima-kun frowned and glanced at the hand touching his. "I'm not really in the mood to read this early because Aomine-kun kept me up all night."I retracted my hand and scratched my head sighing. I looked up at him and noticed that his olive-green eyes widened a bit. "Ah! I mean we were calling each other all night and he kept me awake." I looked to ground embarrassed at what I implied towards the man.

"Do you still wanna go to the store?" I asked pointing to the door still feeling a bit embarrassed. He nods and started walking towards the door with me trailing behind.

"So Ushijima-kun" I started as we continued walking. "Will your team start practicing today as well?" I entwined my hands behind me while I peered towards the man beside me. "Yes," He said rather monotonously but I could see a ghost smile forming on his lips. "Are you excited?" We arrived at the cafeteria and the staff was serving breakfast options since there are students who live within the school vicinity. "It's an opportunity for us to be stronger." He said and I couldn't agree more. I nodded and began looking at the food options being served.

"Are you ready to order?" I asked him. He nodded "I would like a banana and energy drink."

I nodded and began ordering. "One Anpan bread (Red bean paste bread), banana, and energy drink, please," I told the girl standing behind the counter and handed the money for our order. "Coming right up!" She said.

"I could've paid for my own meal." I heard Ushijima-kun say. Peering at his direction, I could see a small frown on his face and I chuckled a bit. "Let's just say this my way of saying thanks for lending me your sports magazines all the time." I closed my eyes and waved my hand in front of him. I looked up and saw his face soften. He nodded and we proceeded to go back to our classroom together.

"How's your training schedule going to be?" I asked as I opened the anpan I bought and started eating it. "Every day, 5:00 to 8:00 pm at the Horotuke Gymnasium," He said as we entered the classroom and took our seats. I hummed at his response and tried thinking where Horotuke Gymnasium is but I couldn't. I frowned to myself. I'm not exactly good at remembering places and, with Shiratorizawa being a huge campus, I always get confused when I walk around campus.

"How about you?" I heard the man ask. I was about to answer when I heard someone slam the door open surprising most of the people in the class. "Haru-chan!" Someone called my name and ran towards me making the two of us fall to the ground with a loud yelp escaping my lips. "Idiot! Don't do something so reckless." I said punching her shoulder as I stared at my friend and teammate.

"What are you doing here Kyo-kun?" I said standing up and giving her a hand. She smiled at me, excitement evident in her eyes. "Training starts today!" She started jumping like a kid in a candy store filled with so much energy. It bothers me so much because of the amount of energy she has so early in the morning. "I know Kyo-kun," I said trying to calm her down since most of my classmates began staring.

She laughs and walks toward the door to leave but comes right back to me. "Oh yeah! The reason I came here was that Kayame-senpai wanted to remind you that our training area has been moved!" She exclaimed "Where?" I groaned in annoyance since, for sure, it will take a while for me to look for the gym. "Hisoka Gymnasium at 5:00. Don't get lost, Haru-chan!" She said trailing off and running out the door.

I groaned and went back to my seat. I looked towards Ushijima-kun "Did that answer your question?" He nodded with a hint of amusement in his eye and turned back to what he was previously doing. I sighed and sank further in my seat feeling drained already. "All I wanted to be a peaceful morning" I grumbled.