Chapter 13: Back

After my small breakdown, I was able to finally calm myself down and enjoy the serene view before me.

Wakatoshi and I were jogging as per usual but, because I was distracted with my thoughts, we ended up running up a hill that oversees the city of Sendai.

The view was beautiful as the sun sets, casting an orange glow beneath the bustling city.

I glance at Wakatoshi and I internally thank him.

If it weren't for him, I wouldn't have admitted what I was feeling. I was stressed, yes, but I didn't know that all the could little things pile up this much.

Usually, I would just go with the flow of things and, even if I was having a hard time, I would just wait for things to pass. I guess it is really important to talk to someone or, at least, admit what you're feeling to actually address the problem.

I began to then formulate ideas on how I plan to conquer each problem but before I could think of any decent one, I noticed how the city before us was getting darker and darker.

My eyes widened in realization and I quickly check my watch.

Great! We have only 5 minutes until training starts!

I look at the tall man beside me and he looks back at me questionably.

"We're gonna be late for practice, Wakatoshi!" I shout as I began running but I was stopped midway when Wakatoshi grabs my hand.

"You're going the wrong direction," the olive-haired man stated, making me embarrassed and even more anxious.

"Alright! You lead the way. Do you think we can make it in time?" I asked as we began running back to school.

"Maybe," Was all he said, making me scared with what my brother plans to do if he finds out I'm late.

"Does your coach give a grace period?" He glances at me as we continue running.

"I think it's about 10 minutes. How about you?" He nods at me and looks forward. "10 minutes as well," He says and my eyes widened. I could already tell what he was about to say.

I was about to disagree but he cuts me off.

"Do you think you can do extra drills today or do you think we can sprint back to school?" He says before glancing at me.

I could feel the adrenaline spiking as I thought more and more about my brother and the consequences I will face if I come to training even a minute late.

It took us about 45 minutes to reach the hill and now we plan to go back to school within 15 minutes. That's impossible and also dangerous! But, if we're fast enough and, of course, cautious enough, there might be a chance.

"Let's do it! But be cautious of vehicles though," I frowned at the idea we had but it was the safest bet we both had if we didn't want to suffer under the hands of our coaches.

Wakatoshi nods at me and, with that, we both started sprinting back to school. 

--

Author's note:

Two updates in one day?!

Although this chapter is really short, I wanted to lighten the mood a bit because of the previous chapter.

Also, please don't be like these two idiots. Running on public roads is dangerous!

As always, thank you for reading!