Chapter 16: (Her) Watching

"Are we seriously going to ignore the fact that Haru-chan was having a private session with the volleyball ace while we were gone?" Kyo-kun pants as we began walking back to the benches.

"Do you actually have a death wish, Kyo-kun?" I rasped out, my eyes narrowing as I take a step towards her.

Kyo-kun flinches and quickly hides behind Rin, who was unusually quiet this whole time.

"Harumi know her priorities," Rin sighs, making me anxious with what she's going on about.

"She knows what to put first and what she needs to do," She continues and begins walking towards my direction.

"If I see you getting distracted over unimportant and frivolous matters, I'll be the first person telling you to get your shit together, Harumi," Rin says as she deeply looks into my eyes with such intensity, making me look down and scratch the back of my head.

"It's nothing... Wakatoshi and I are just friends," I mumbled, getting frustrated with the heavy feeling setting on my chest as I say those words.

After a couple of seconds of silence, I look up and see the two girls eyeing me rather suspiciously. Suddenly, Kyo-kun mischievously smiles at me and starts walking towards me with her hands wriggling in a very odd way.

"Oh, does Haru-chan have a crush on the famous volleyball player?" She says as she slowly circles me.

Right then and there, I felt a vein pop on my forehead. I sigh and pinched the bridge of my nose, trying to calm myself down. Ignore her, I repeated to myself several times.

"Kyo either you really have a death wish or you get off teasing Harumi," Rin says as she begins walking to the changing rooms with gym bag with her.

"Hmmm maybe I do enjoy teasing Haru-chan, after all, she just looks so cute!" Kyo-kun laughs and begins walking towards her twin sister on the other side of the gym.

"I hate you, Kyo-kun," I grumble in annoyance as I follow after Rin.

"I love you too! " Kyo shouts back and waves at us as they leave.

"You're yet not headed home?" Rin asks as the two of us started exiting the gymnasium.

"I promised Wakatoshi that I would watch his practice match after training today," I mumbled, pointing to the gym right beside us.

Rin curiously eyes me and raises a brow. "Hmm... If your relationship with Wakatoshi is a secret, you do know I won't tell anyone, right?" she casually says and begins walking towards the other active gym.

"It's not like that!" I blushed and jogged after my friend.

When we were just outside the entrance of the volleyball gym, a very energetic Tendo jumped from the door and towards us.

"Haru-chan!" He shouts, skipping towards me.

"Hello, Tendo-kun," I said while waving at the man.

"Wakatoshi-kun asked me to come and get you," He said twirling around me but suddenly stops when he notices my companion.

"Oh, Haru-chan's teammate?" He asks and places an arm around my shoulder.

Rin eyes the arm on my shoulder but brushes it off as she steps forward and holds out her hand. "I'm Minako Rin, a close friend of Harumi," she says in a formal matter, earning a grin from Tendo.

"It's nice to meet you! My name's Tendo Satori" He says as he shakes Rin's hand with his free one.

"Alright, now that the introductions are out of the way, let's get this practice match over with shall we?" Tendo lets me go and nods at the both of us.