Chapter 11: Unnecessary

School was getting more and more stressful. With quizzes and exams coming up, I did everything I can to absorb the lesson during class. After all, Shiratorizawa Academy was well known for being one of the top schools in the prefecture in terms of both sports and academics. 

Some of the students in my class were visibly stressed and I was one of them. With mathematics being the subject I have the most difficulty with, I wrack my brain every time I get confused with a topic 

What's more infuriating is that I believe I am one of the slowest ones in the class. Everyone seems to understand the subject well whilst I was internally screaming how the question was solved.

The teacher wasn't any help either since every time he asks if the class had any questions no one answers him, making him imply the class understood the lesson. But, in truth, I was still trying to figure out what formula I should've used, making me have no room for questions as the professor moves on to the next question. 

I look to my right and see Wakatoshi listening to the class looking rather bored and being his stoic self. I watch him as he begins to simultaneously solve the math problem along with the teacher. Wakatoshi then pauses and glances at me and he tilts his head in confusion. 

Embarrassed being caught staring at the man I go back to my own notebook and as I look up at the blackboard. My eyes widened in surprise when I saw that the previously empty board was now filled with an endless amount of equations and solutions, making me internally groan in annoyance. 

Don't get distracted, Harumi! I scolded myself and continued writing on my notebook once more. 

When the final bell rang, indicating class was done, I almost jumped with joy from my seat.

Finally, I math class is over! I thought and began to happily organize my books and notebooks inside my bag. 

I was humming when I felt someone tap my shoulder. I look to my side and see Wakatoshi looking down at me with his bag hanging by his shoulder. 

"Tendo wants me to help him with something," He said and I nod in reply. "Okay, let's meet by the shoe lockers then," I said as we headed towards the hallway and went our separate ways. 

I headed to the bathroom and began changing my uniform with my usual running attire which consisted of my training shorts and my favorite dry-fit shirt. I fixed my red locks and I was slightly surprised when I saw my tired state in the mirror. I had dark circles under my eyes and I could tell I was in much need of a break. 

I sigh and started walking to the meeting spot me and Wakatoshi agreed upon. I smiled at myself when I saw my full-length reflection in the glass. Seeing my attire made me excited for the usual run Wakatoshi and I usually have together. It was a good stress reliever and, with the compiling school works, I really needed it. 

My smile, however, turned into a small frown when I saw the reflection of a familiar blue-haired idiot appearing. I turn around and see Aomine walking towards me with his head down and his hair covering his face. 

I looked at my phone and notice that he was already late for his practice. Whenever Aomine and I fight, he would ignore his responsibilities and just do whatever he likes. He probably trains by the court outside his house but that doesn't amount to anything if he doesn't train with his team. 

I sigh and his eyes locked with my mine. Aomine stops walking and simply stares at me with a bored expression while I was hoping he would stop this petty feud he started.

Silence.

"You're gonna ignore me forever?" I ask and sigh as I rub the back of my head in annoyance. Aomine looks at me with an indifferent look and I couldn't help myself from getting more irritated with his childish behavior. 

Aomine then continues walking and passes me by as if he didn't hear anything. The problem when we both fight is that we can both get stubborn and it would last days and even weeks. But, right now, I don't really need this. Not with academics and training filling my plate. 

Irritated with his response, I resort to the last option I usually resort to whenever one of us gets stubborn. "I miss you Aomine-kun," I said sadness evident in my voice as I watch his retreating figure. Surprisingly, he stops and looks back at me. I smile and wait for his response but... nothing. 

He just scoffs and continues walking towards the exit, leaving me even more angered and, frankly, disheartened. I sigh and sit down on the stairs as I wait for Wakatoshi. I close my eyes and crossed my arms in front of me and rest my head. 

That idiot, I can't handle him sometimes. I thought and got even sadder with what's happening. 

"Oh, Haru-chan. Did Wakatoshi-kun made you wait too long?" I heard a familiar voice said. I look up and saw Tendo looking down at me with his hand stretched out at me.

I smile at him and take his hand, standing up I saw that Wakatoshi was behind him and he had a slight frown on his face, probably because of what Tendo implied. 

I shake my head and half-heartedly laugh. "No no not at all," I said as the three of us began walking towards the door. "You looked upset a little while ago, Haru-chan. Is everything okay?" Tendo asks me as he began circling me. 

I wanted to say something but I wasn't really in the mood to talk about my problems concerning my emo best friend. 

"It's fine, Tendo. I'm alright," I said as the three of us left our bags by the gym and started greeting the few people outside the gym.

"Well if you say so," Tendo sings and affectionately pats my head. 

Needing the comfort, I let Tendo do pat my head but he suddenly stops when we both heard the voice of the man who has been quiet all this time. "Tendo," Wakatoshi's voice booms and looks at Tendo with a slight frown. 

I look up at Wakatoshi confused as to why he seemed upset but Tendo simply smiles at him. "I take it time for me to take my leave," He says and nods at me. "Have fun jogging like hell, kids!" Tendo shouts and skips towards the gym entrance. 

We both watch Tendo disappear and I felt Wakatoshi lightly bumps my shoulder with his. He then looks at me expectantly and I nod in understanding. "Let's go, Wakatoshi," I said, smiling at him.

We both headed towards the gate and, with a nod, we both started jogging our usual path. 

Author's note:

I'm really sorry for the late update :<<

I don't want to make you guys wait too long but I really had a hard time writing (and you guys could probably tell with how this chapter went). But do not worry! I will try my best to get back on my feet and continue to deliver!

As always, thank you so much for the support!