Chapter 18: Running

A loud ringing noise was permeating in my room when I woke up. Groaning, I turn to check the time.

Who the hell calls at 5:30 in the freaking morning?

Ever so slowly, I pick up my phone and answer the call.

"Hello?"

"Haru-chan, let's go for a run!" I hear the caller, who I presume is Kyo-kun, shout.

"No," I answered back then end the call. That psychopath woke me up for that? I barely have enough sleep as it is.

I settled myself back to the position I was in and went back to sleep.

"I WILL NOT TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER!" I hear someone shouting before barging into my room.

"Get out, Kyo," I groaned into my pillow as I turn away from my energetic friend.

"Haru-chan! Let's go for a run! Aren't you a basketball freak that thinks about nothing but training?" Kyo announces rather annoyingly as she repeatedly hits my shoulder.

"I was up until 3 AM finishing my English paper. I do not have time for your useless antics, Kyo-kun." I glare at her menacingly, trying to get rid of her.

"Eep! Haru-chan is a monster in the morning. She's going to kill me!" Kyo-kun shouts as she jumps away from me, visibly frightened.

"And I wouldn't blame her," I hear another voice say. I turn, finding Rin sitting at my study desk, looking rather tired as well.

"What made you say yes?" I asked, sitting up from my bed.

"Free breakfast," Run states, crossing her arms lightly smiling.

I turn expectedly at Kyo, raising a brow. "What? You're not getting any from me since you ended the call," Kyo pouts looking away.

"Then I'm not going," I said as lie down, getting ready to go back to sleep.

"Fine! I'll buy you a burger the next time we go out!" Kyo-kun exclaims whilst stretching her arms out.

I sit up and turn to the dark-haired girl sitting at my bed. Kyo looks at me with a determined stare, waiting.

"Make it a deluxe burger," I sigh, sitting up from my bed.

"Yes! I'll add your favorite drink too!" Kyo shouts, getting up and running to my closet. "Let me get your clothes for you," She shouts before disappearing.

I turn to Rin, who looked as sleepy me. "Are we really going? We can just ditch her after a few miles" I joked as I stretched my arms.

Rin chuckles, shrugging. "It's a good stress reliever, don't you think? I was up late at night as well finishing up a group project."

"Ah the unbalanced life of student-athletes," I sighed in response, stretching a hand towards her.

"Don't categorize me with the likes of you, Harumi. I was doing the project in advance," Rin retorts, as walks towards me and helps me up.

I chuckle as I head towards my closet. "What's taking you so long, Kyo-kun?" I asked.

"I forgot how hot you are Haru-chan," Kyo-kun replies as she enthusiastically looks through my clothes. "Bribing me with compliments won't do anything, Kyo-kun."

"It's true, Haru-chan! Here wear this," Kyo-kun replies as she hands me a white sports bra and black running shorts.

"How does this make me hot?" I snort, heading out to my room.