Chapter 17: Banana Milk

Torture... Complete and utter torture.

The bustling morning class seems to be non-existent as I stare at what's in front of me.

Kazuko Harumi

Subject: English

Class: 2-1

Score: 75/90

To others, the score would seem high, but for me, the reason for the 15 point mistake is something that I cannot just accept.

I glance at the note my teacher left. Written in a murderous blood-red color: Please follow instructions! It is clearly stated whether to write True or False; not T or F. This will not be excused.

I groaned as I chucked the piece of paper inside my folder. My brother will kill me. If he sees this score he wouldn't let me train! I thought as I banged my head on the table.

With the inter-high competition coming up, the girls and I were training much more intensely, killing me every time training finishes.

What's even worse is that my brother constantly bugs me and checks my school works worried I wasn't managing my time well with everything going on. Which is very evident right now...

And with all the exhaustion I'm feeling, I couldn't concentrate in class. My mind just kept wandering because of how tired I felt. It was just the second class of the day and I feel out of it. It can't be like this!

I look to my side and observe the man beside me. Wakatoshi doesn't look tired at all and seemed his usual self, making me wonder how he balances everything.

It can't be like this. I have to concentrate more!

With refueled determination, I devised a plan to wake myself up. I stand up and tap the shoulder of the olive-haired man beside me. He looks up at me and I smile at him, "I'm gonna go and get some coffee. Want to come with?"

Wakatoshi shakes his and holds up the paper he was finishing, "I have to finish this." I nod, "Well, since I'm going over to the vending machine, is there anything you want?" Wakatoshi nods and gets his wallet from his bag. "An energy drink and buy your coffee with this," he says and hands me his money.

I was about to object his offer but he turns back to his table and continues what he was doing. I chuckle and shake my head, "coming right up," I said and left the classroom.

The hallway was pretty empty as I walked towards the vending machine. When I was by the machine, I punch the code for my coffee but the door of the male's bathroom near me suddenly burst open, surprising me in the process.

The guy who opened the door then turns to my direction and my eyes widened when I saw who it was. "Aomine-kun," I said observing the blue-haired man looking at me with surprise as well.

It's been weeks since we last spoke. I thought and continue looking at my best friend who chooses to ignore me these past few weeks.

Aomine-kun clears his throat and, unsurprisingly, ignores me. I sigh saddened that he still wants to keep this up.

He then lines up behind me, nodding at the vending machine. "We don't have all day," he taunts.

I click my tongue and punched the code for Wakatoshi's energy drink. Does this guy still want to do this? How immature. I then punch another code getting another drink, paying with my own money.

I heard a low chuckle behind me and I turn slightly to Aomine-kun.

"Two drinks? What, Is the other one for your boyfriend, Ushiwaka?" He said looking down at me with a smirk. Making me even more annoyed at what he was doing.

Angry with how he chooses to keep this facade, I got the drinks from the dispenser and look at my friend who still wants to act like a child.

I send him a menacing glare and shove one of the beverages I bought to his stomach. He clutches the drink and his stomach in pain and looks at the drink I gave him. I saw how his gaze softened when he noticed the beverage he was holding and looks up at me.

"Sometimes, I can't keep up with the act your putting, Daiki-kun." I said, slightly getting teary-eyed and left the man with his banana milk.

Walking back to the classroom seemed longer than I expected.

When I situated myself on my chair, I quietly handed Wakatoshi's drink, placing it on top of his table.

He turns to look at me and his eyes widened, seeing my current state. He was about to say something but I cut him off, "It's nothing, Wakatoshi."

I smile at him but there was a frown evident on his face as he stares at me.

"Was it your score?" He asks, turning to find something under his table.

"What-" I was about to ask what he meant but I was suddenly cut off when he offers me his English paper. I glance at the score and saw that he got an 85/90.

"I can help you with the parts you made a mistake."

Looking up at his olive-green eyes, I could see that he wanted to genuinely help. With that, I couldn't help but chuckle a little.

"It's not that Wakatoshi," I answered, trying to not be upset anymore as I smile up at the man.

The stubborn man continues looking at me, although I'm not really sure what he's thinking since his expression is back to its stoic self.

I sighed and reached out my hand, patting his head in the process. "I'm fine, alright? Don't worry too much, Baka-waka," I teased, trying to lighten the mood.

Wakatoshi's eyes softened and lightly smiles at me as well, "If you say so, Harumi."

Talk to me on your own time, Harumi.

Author's Notes:

This is the first time I'm putting out my art, so I hope you guys appreciated the small drawing I did of Aomine wearing the Shiratorizawa uniform + pouting at his drink! 

A quick side note!

 Banana Milk is Aomine's favorite drink and the only person who knows this is Harumi because if word gets out that the intimidating blue-haired basketball player drinks banana milk daily he would seem less... intimidating. 

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!

As always, thank you for your support!