Chapter 8: Jealous

While Aomine and I were walking towards the bus station, what he told me really surprised me.

"You know Harumi..." He said not looking at me. I hummed in response waiting for him to continue. 

When he didn't, I looked at him and he was still looking the other way. "What is it Aomine-kun?" I asked worried if something was wrong. "We don't spend time together anymore," He said pouting and crossing his arms in front of his chest. 

I blinked in surprise with what he said. I thought about what he said and I couldn't agree with what he said. "Idiot, we spend too much time together," I said stifling a yawn from coming out. 

When he reached the bus stop and sat down, I could tell he was still upset.

I sighed "Why do you say so?" I asked not really in the mood for his emo-mode so early in the morning. "We only hang out before and after school," He said looking at me sadly.

"I spend most of my time with you actually," I said closing my eyes and leaning on his shoulder.

"But you spend more time with the volleyball player than me," He said annoyance evident in his tone. "That's because we're classmates, Aomine-baka" I sighed. "Yeah but after class, you guys go jogging together too, aren't you guys getting closer?" 

It's true, me and Ushijima-kun have been becoming closer ever since we started jogging together. Although, our interactions were still circled around sports and fitness, nothing else. 

"Well, what do you want me to do?" I asked looking over at him. He looks away from me and pouts, "watch me practice during your break instead."

My eyes widened with what he said. He knows how much I enjoyed working out after class because it helped relieve my stress and he also knows how I enjoy jogging with Ushijima-kun but now he wants me to stop?

"Where's this coming from?" I asked curiously as to why he suddenly wants to spend more time with me. "I just want us to spend more time together Haru-chan," He said sighing and looking at me with sad eyes.

"We can hang at my place after practice though," I said raising my brows. "You can even eat with me and my brother too," I smiled at him. He blushes and turns away with a scowl "but I want you to watch me practice." 

I start getting annoyed at him, "Now you're being selfish, Daiki." I look at him with a menacing glare and he suddenly stands up.

He never likes it when I use his last name but I was getting pissed. 

"Fine! Have fun with Ushiwaka then," He said leaving me at the bus stop.

"Now where you going?" I shouted in his direction as he continued walking. "Home, it's too early anyways for us to leave." He said turning the corner and leaving me at the bus stop. I sigh and hang my head low.

"What a morning," I grumbled and wait for the bus to arrive, although, today it felt like it was slower than usual.

_

"Are you okay, Harumi?" I turn to see a worried-looking Ushijima facing me as he sits down.

"What gave it away?" I asked still annoyed with what happened this morning. He stared at me for a while then continued "You seem more... tired than usual" He said unsure. "More tired you say?" I hummed at his response and sighed. 

"Aomine and I fought this morning," I said looking at him, sadness lacing my voice. Me and Aomine usually fight over petty things but not like this. I don't know what to do and it really confuses me.