Internships

The day after the sports festival ended we had our usual class. Homeroom was same as always, students being loud and Mr. Aizawa telling them to be quiet. But this time everyone was loud because they were talking about all the fame and recognition they were getting from everyone on the streets.

Tch. Being a hero isn't about fame or any recognition, it's about self sacrifice, protecting others and serving justice to criminals. If you're not all about these three things you should just go home and forget about being a hero.

Aizawa then had enough of everyone's childish banter as his quick activated, eyes glowing red, and hair going up as he said, "Everyone be quiet I have a few announcements to make to start this class off."

He then went on about how that there's a draft for students to choose which hero agencies they'd like to intern for.
He then went on to say how certain hero agencies have specifically offered internship spots to select individuals. I just so happened to be the one of those students.

"Despite some of you not being specifically requested, you will all be interning at an agency this week, now my next announcement is that today we'll be discussing hero informatics."

Some classmates began to complain as they thought it'd be a surprise test, but no it wasn't.

"By hero informatics, I'm talking about codenames. Today you will be choosing your hero names. Choose wisely, these names should reflect what kind of hero you want to be. Midnight will be the one to decide if she approves of these names. In the meantime I'll just take a nap."

One by one my classmates began pitching ideas for their hero names, some getting denied while others being accepted. From the childish and obnoxious names such as King Explosion Murder, to others being more suitable and self explanatory like Tailman, while some were just downright mysterious like Tsukuyomi. There sure were a variety of unique names

As for my own name, I haven't really thought about it. I definitely don't want anything that's too flashy or attention seeking. Rather, I'd prefer to have a name that's simple and sophisticated.

"Okay everyone, time is up. For those of you who haven't come up with a hero name you could take more time to come up with one," announced Midnight, "class dismissed."

Timeskip:

I finally arrived back home. After the whole 'pick your hero name' was over it seemed that time was sped up for the rest of them, as nothing worthwhile really happened.

"Ah, m/n. You're here finally. Quick, go change out your uniform and come back downstairs, there's something important we must discuss," my father told me with a sense of urgency in his voice.

I quickly made my way upstairs and into my room. I changed into some more comfortable clothes and went back downstairs.

He then had me sit across from him in the living room.

He then began, "As you know you ranked first in the Sports Festival, so once again congratulations. I've also been made aware that you'll be having to do an internship. Well just to make things clear, there's a task I would like you to complete, we'll consider that as an internship to my agency."

I then quickly raised an eyebrow and asked him about said task.

"As you know I'm you're adopted father, your real father is Obito Uchiha. Meaning, you're a descendant of Madara Uchiha--"

I quickly cut him off ,"What does being an Uchiha have to do with this task, what's the connection?"

"I was about to get to that. Before your father's death he told me about an Uchiha scroll. He said that this scroll contains a message and a pair of coordinates, and that only that has unlocked true visual prowess can decipher the content. He also said that it's an Uchiha's destiny to venture to this place and does what has to be done there. His father ventured there and never returned, every Uchiha that went there never returned."

"Do you accept this task, to go to this place and deal with whatever darkness lies there?"

It took me a moment to think about it, it sounds that it's fateful that I'd have to go to this place, whether it be tomorrow,  a year from now or even 10 years. I would eventually have to go, so I've made my decision.

"I accept."