chapter 15

(Anastasius's Pov)

I can't believe that I was going to see fireworks with that girl. It's so ridiculously childish. But I couldn't say no to her when she asks me. After all, she was my pawn. I have to make her believe that I am a good person so I can manipulate her.

I was walking behind her, then suddenly a group of the crowd comes ahead of me and I lost that girl in the crowd. I look around me and I can't find her anywhere. I start to run around trying to find her I even asked the people if they see a girl with blonde hair and black eyes. I can't believe I was talking to disgusting peasants because of her.

I ask an old woman the same thing and she said."Young man, I didn't see the girl, but you look rather worried for her here take a seat"

I just give her a cold look. I can't be concerned about that bastard child. She was just a pawn. A pawn that I am going to use and kill. Yes, just a disgusting pawn like all the other people. I Anastasius de Alger Obelia can't be worried about a pawn. I am only trying to find her because of her powers.

I go on looking for her around the place. I can use magic to find her, but I have already used all my dark magic last time. If I use more dark magic I will die.

While looking for her I heard some men talking about a blonde girl that they abducted, they were saying that they blind her and was going to sell her.

My blood starts boiling. I begin to fight them with my dagger. They were all wounded. I charge my dagger at the eyes of the man who was saying that he blind the girl. I made sure that he will be blind for his entire lifetime.

They were begging for mercy.

"Tell me where is the girl or I will kill you all, "I said with anger in my voice.

They pointed towards a shabby house. I run towards the house without thinking anything. I hear someone crying. Hearing the cry I feel an ache in my heart. I broke the door without a second thought. There was a girl crying, but it was not Athanasia. I was relieved and troubled.

Relieved because the girl who was hurt wasn't Athanasia and troubled because I couldn't find her. What if she was in a worse situation than this. No, I am not worried about that loathsome thing. I only care about her powers.

I leave the blind girl. After all, why should he care about a peasant?

I ran for hours trying to find her. My heart pounded fast and I was feeling weird. I asked a person if they saw a girl with black eyes and blonde hair. He said yes, he saw a girl with the same appearance, in the little garden.

Anastasius runs towards the garden and there he saw Athanasia playing with some cats. She looked at him and then run towards him. He fell down on both of his knees and hugged her. He doesn't know why he was doing this, but it made him feel calm.

" If you run away from me or get separated from me again, I will break your legs to make sure that you don't leave and stay with me forever" with saying that his grip becomes tighter around her.