The Isle

I grew up on the Isle of The Lost.

It was a small and dirty place where the people the Auradonians thought were 'evil' were sent. And even though the kids of villains technically did nothing wrong, we were still left to rot on the disgusting Isle.

I lived in a stone walled house opposite that of the Evil Queen and her daughter Evie. None of us had much, but we all got by. 

Just.

"Elizabeth!" Yelled my mother, she was in a mood. Despite what people thought, I did not have her bad temper.

"Yes ma!" I replied.

"That girl Evelyn from next door wants you." She said as she walked through the door, slamming it on her way to the small room at the front of the house.

"Oh, you mean Evie?" I corrected her. Big mistake.

"You dare correct me!" She screamed "OFF WITH YOUR HEAD!!!" Oh god, now I'd done it, so I scurried off to the stone castle opposite our small house squeaking some sort of apologies to my mother on my way out.

Over the next few years, Evie and I became quite close friends. We also met Jay, Carlos and Mal, the children of Jafar, Cruella De vil and Maleficent respectively.

One morning I took a walk to the docks. 

I always thought of it as my special place. I would go down to the docks whenever I needed to think. But this time, somebody was already there.

"Hello?" I said taking two tentative steps towards the figure.

"Who are ye?" Said the person in a deep and rich Scottish accent.

"Elizabeth. Elizabeth Hearts." I said confused "And you are?"

"Harry Hook." He said, showing me a metal hook at the end of his hand as if he needed to prove who he was.

And then I heard a voice that I recognised as Evie. "I'm sorry, I have to leave now. See you around Harry Hook." I waved and then made my way over to where I thought Evie's voice was.

Later on, we were at our hangout spot we had found a few years back with Mal, Carlos, Jay and of course Evie. "Who were you talking to at the docks Liz?" Asked Evie. I had zoned out. I was thinking about the Scottish stranger "Liz? Lizzie? Elizabeth Hearts?"

That got my attention.

"Did you hear Evie's question?" Asked Jay "Who did you meet at the docks." He repeated the question Evie had already asked me.

"Oh, I think his name was Harry Hook." I said, disguising the fact that I had just been thinking about him.

"Lizzie, no!" Gasped Mal. "He's a part of Uma's gang!"

Us and Uma's gang never got on very well. That was an understatement, we completely hated each other. More like Mal hated them.

So that was it. We now avoided Harry Hook at all cost.

One day, a few weeks later, I was walking around the Isle alone when I saw Harry Hook. Taking the advice from Mal and I went down a different street.

However it was a street I had never seen before, so soon enough, I was in unfamiliar territory. 

Then an older man came up to me "Well, well, well, look what we have here. If it isn't little Elizabeth Hearts." Said an older man.

And I was surrounded.

"What are ye doin'" Said and all too familiar Scottish accent. "Leave her alone!" He continued. Harry Hook.

"Harry...Harry Hook...We weren't going to do anything to her." Seems that Harry was, somewhat feared around the Isle.

"Really, well you had better leave before I get ye hooked!" He threatened as he brandished his hook at the group of older men, who then scrambled out of the alley.

"Thanks for saving me..." I stopped "But why did you do it?"

He tilted his head and raised an eyebrow before he disappeared almost as quickly as he had arrived in the alley.

"Eves, can we talk?" I said.

"Sure Lizzie." She replied and we walked up to our hangout spot. Which was empty. A rare occurrence really. Honestly, by the amount we were all in the hangout place, you would think we didn't go to school at all, which we did.

"Today a group of men cornered me in an alleyway. I don't know what would have happened if Harry Hook hadn't saved me." I said. She gestured for me to continue. "I don't know. Do you think Mal is wrong for hating them?"

Evie's eyes widened. "Lizzie you cannot let her hear you say that. Her whole life is about hating Uma's crew." And I knew she was right.

So I had something I needed to keep quiet from my friends.

I knew that it would be hard, but I didn't know if it would be worth it.

A/N: OKAY SO THIS WAS A BIT TERRIBLE BUT IT SORT OF SETS THE SCENE A LITTLE BIT. I HOPE THAT YOU LIKE IT. 

A/N: Update, I realised how stupid the ridiculously quick kiss was so I am going to just change a few things around.

LOVE YOU ALL!