A Day In Training

Okay, so let's just set something straight: For the first few weeks I was a disaster with a sword.

Honestly, I almost killed Harry by accident when Uma asked me practice sparring with him.

But I was improving. I think. I hope.

The Crew, on the other hand, saw me as the weak newbie Uma took in out of pity. But that wasn't who I was, so when I heard a couple of crew members talking about me, it angered me "That Lizzie, she's no good, she's dead weight on this crew."

I slammed my fist on the table between them "Really. You think I'm dead weight? Choose someone for me to fight. I'll beat them."

They looked at each other "Harry!" Shouted one "We got a challenger for you over here." Oh. Harry was arguably the best fighter in the crew.

"Well well Lizzie, ye want to make a little wager? Whoever wins gets to choose something the other person has to do. Yes?" Harry said.

"Got it...ready...and fight." I said, holding out my sword in front of me.

It was a close battle, each of us getting closer and closer to each other every time. 

Sweat was beading down our foreheads, dripping down the scar that ran down my face.

And then Harry had forced me back against the counter. With one final blow from his sword, mine was knocked out of my hand.

"And Harry Hook wins yet another battle!" Shouted one of the crew members "Elizabeth Hearts is just not up to the standard of the crew!"

And with that Harry stomped up to the guy, grabbed him by the front of the shirt and pulled him up close to him "Say that about her again why don't ye." He said menacingly "Uma did not put her in the crew out of pity. She is more valuable to Uma than ye are." Then he let go, the crew member crumpling to the ground "Never forget that."

Later on, the two of us were cleaning the tables on the night shift at the Chip Shoppe. "Thank you for...standing up for me earlier." I mumbled quietly, but he still heard me.

"No, it's nothing..." He said and then turned to me with a smirk on his face "Didn't I say that whoever won got to choose something the other person had to do? Are you still okay with it."

My face fell. He was probably going to make me take over all of his shifts at the Chip Shoppe. "Yeah...that is what you said...I'm fine with it..."

Harry thought for a few moments, "There is one thing I would like..." He said.

And then I got worried "Sure, whatever it is I'll do it. I did make a promise and I'm too damn stubborn to go back on my word, so..."

"Go on a date with me." He blurted.

"What!" I exclaimed "You want to go on a what with me?"

"I want to go on a date with ye...maybe this Saturday night?" He asked and scratched the back of his neck, looking down at the floor.

"Sure Harry, I'd love to." I answered, blushing, and I didn't just say yes because of the bet. Yes I had some feelings for the beautiful Scottish Pirate.

His smile grew and as I backed out of the saloon style doors he waved, looking rather flustered and I couldn't help but laugh when he realised he was waving at me with the hook hand and took it off quickly.

Oh. My. God. I was going on a date with Harry Hook.

A/N: I DON'T KNOW WHAT THIS IS SO I AM GOING TO YET AGAIN QUESTION MY LIFE CHOICES.

LOVE YOU ALL!