Leaving Home

"Elizabeth! Where have you been?" My mother screamed as I came through the door of our place late one night after my rounds of the isle, as commanded by Uma.

"Nowhere Mother." I sighed, before adding almost silently "At least nowhere that you need to know of."

"What did you say!" She shouted again "Where have you been? And why do you smell like rotting fish? You've been with those pirates again haven't you!"

"Yes mother. Yes I have." I said with some sort of courage.

"What have I told you about those pirates? Scum. All of them." She asked, she was now mad and I would usually back off and let her win at this point...but I felt more confident in who I was so I decided to stand up for myself.

"I am one of them mother." I stated "They care for me."

"No! They are just using you! I am the only person left that cares for you! If you want to be one of them, you are moving out!" She screeched.

"Okay." I said calmly as I started to pack all my stuff into bags.

"What are you doing child!" My mother shouted.

"I'm leaving. You said if I wanted to be with the pirates that I should leave, so here I am. Leaving. And I think they are the ones who care about me. Not you."

As I finished packing and left my house, the only thing my mother could think to say was "Off with your head!"

About ten minutes later, I was at the ship. It still wasn't too late, so Uma was still finishing her final shift at the Chip Shoppe. "Liz, what are you doing here so late?" She asked, concern etched over her features.

"My mother found out that I was hanging out with you guys and she kicked me out." I sobbed, my strong facade broken "Do you have anywhere I could stay?"

"Yeah, I think we do...but you'll have to share with Harry, is that okay with you?" She asked.

"As long as I don't have to live on the streets I'll be fine." I said far too quickly.

Uma led me to his room and said "This is it. Harry, Lizzie is moving in with you. You have to be okay with it, bye." She said.

"Lizzie? What happened? I though ye lived with yer mum." He said, as he emptied my bags into the spare drawers. 

"My mother kicked me out when she found out that I was hanging out with you guys. She has extremely strong opinions about 'the pirates' as she calls you, and by that I mean she hates you." I explained.

"Ouch." He laughed, putting his hand over his heart "Just wait until she finds out ye're sharing a room with me."

"She would explode." I stated.

After we had finished unpacking all of my things (not hard, I owned basically nothing) we laid down on the scratchy material of the bed.

Soon, the thought of being on my own was just too much and I just broke down "Harry, I have no one, my mother wasn't...the loving type, but since...they left, she was all I had. Harry, I just don't know what to do!" 

He inched closer and rubbed my back "Ye have Uma. She cares about ye more than she lets on. And...well...ye have me..." He wiped the tears from my eyes using his thumb. "Come here." He said, holding his arms out towards me, gesturing for me to join him on the bed.

And that night I fell asleep in Harry Hook's arms for the first time.

A/N: I THOUGHT THE FACT THAT SHE HAD A HOME BUT LIVED WITH THE PIRATES NEEDED TO BE EXTENDED SO I ADDED THIS CHAPTER AND IT GIVES A VULNERABLE SIDE OF LIZZIE THAT NOT MANY PEOPLE GET TO SEE.

LOVE YOU ALL!