Substitute Captains

Since Uma had...disappeared, that made Harry the new captain (since he was Uma's First Mate)  he made me his First mate.

"I was almost sure you would choose Gil as your first mate, honestly, he has been part of the crew longer than I have and he is a better soldier and fighter." I said.

"Maybe...but you have the smarts and...I love ye." He smiled.

"Okay, just because you love a person, does not mean that you need to make them your first mate..." I tried to say, but then he pulled me closer to him and I whispered in his ear "But it is definitely nice."

We had to lead training every day in it was so much more difficult than Uma made it seem. She really was a good and strong captain.

"Okay soldiers!" I screamed "Stand on your marks, opposite your sparring partners!" Nobody listened "Opposite your sparring partners!" I shouted again.

"LISTEN TO HER!" Harry yelled at the crew "She is above you in the ranks, she is my first mate, so you must listen to Lizzie!" He was now angry, a red rush of blood rising up to his face "We are your captains and it is your duty to do what we command!"

"No!" Screamed one of the girl pirates from the back of the crowd "Uma has always been our captain, not the two of you. None of us have any obligations to listen to you!"

And that is when I saw red. "OKAY!" Everyone looked at me in shock. I took a breath "Okay, I know Uma has been your captain for a long time, but she is not here right now, so Harry is your new captain and I, your first mate. So, until Uma gets back, you will take orders from us."

And then for the rest of the training session, they listened to us. Most of them looked afraid of me, but if it got them to listen to me, I was okay with it.

But it was still difficult. They all had different attention spans and getting them all to focus at the same time was a task in itself. But when you added all of their different skill sets and the way they trained, it added another level of difficulty.

Later that night, I was sitting on the bed with my head in my hands (tears threatening to spill) waiting for Harry to come back.

He opened the doors and saw me sitting there. "Lizzie, sweetheart, what's wrong?" He sat beside me, winding his arm around my shoulder, making me lean into his chest, as he ran his fingers through my hair.

"It's just so difficult. How did Uma manage it?" I wiped the tear from my eye "I'm sorry, you probably think I'm pathetic, but they just have no respect for anyone besides themselves."

"No. I don't think ye are pathetic. Ye were being an amazing leader and if they don't respect ye, we will work harder to make them."

"Okay, okay Harry." I smiled "Let's just give them one more shot and if they don't...what would my mother say? Oh yeah, it'll be Off With Their Heads!" I laughed

"That is what we shall do." Harry agreed "Now come on love, just wait for me to get changed and we can fall asleep together." So I changed into one of Harry's shirts while he was getting changed and we both slipped under the covers together.

"Goodnight m'love." Harry said, wrapping his arms around me.

"Goodnight Harry." I whispered, never tearing my gaze away from his eyes. Beautiful blue.

A/N: I AM SORRY I DIDN'T WRITE MORE TODAY, BUT I HAD ONLINE SCHOOL AND I WAS TIRED BECAUSE I WAS UP ALL LAST NIGHT WITH A TERRIBLE FEVER.

LOVE YOU ALL!