3

"He thought we were dating?" Griffin asked after I told him the conversation between Colby and I. We had just sat down to do the swamp tour.

We sat in the back so we could do little commentary without the tour guide hearing. I nod my head as he looks dumbfounded.

"Did you tell him I was gay?" He asked as I looked over at him. "I left it up for you tell him." He smiled as he slung his arm around me.

"You're the best beard I've ever had." He cheekily smiled over at me. The tour guide got on and started talking to us.

The whole time we were making jokes, we were using the Nigel Thornbury voice. I recorded him as he joked, me laughing over top of it.

When we get back to the hotel, we're trying to figure out what to do. We have a free day tomorrow, then the rehearsal dinner, and then the wedding.

"Why are we even in the hotel? We should be outside doing something." Griffin complained. "Then what do you wanna do?" I ask sitting on my bed.

He then sat up like he had an idea. "We should walk around and see if your hot boyfriend is back." He smirked over at me.

"Okay one, he's not my boyfriend. And, two, I've had two conversations with him." He then rose his eyebrows as he looked at me.

"You didn't deny him being hot." I groaned on both the inside and outside.

"I mean, we can walk around if you want. But if we don't find him, then we'll have to do something else." I tell him as he stands up.

We put our shoes back on as we walk into the hallway. "If we do find them, you think they'll hang out with us?" Griffin asked, overthinking.

"Chill out, we just gotta play it cool." I tell him honestly. That's when he started laughing.

"We sound like middle school girls." That's when I laughed.

"If we don't find him, wanna go to Bourbon Street and get drunk?" He asked changing the subject. I agree as we go into the elevator.

We walked around the hotel for a little bit, but there was no sign of them. I guess they were still out. "Griffin, there you are." Oh no.

I turned around to see his aunt and uncle. You know, the super religious ones. I saw Griffin take a deep breath before smiling.

"Hey, Aunt Grace and Uncle Zach." He hugged both of his family members, looking really tense.

"Were you at the lunch thing earlier? We didn't see you." Zach asked him. "Yeah, we sat with my mom and dad." He looked at me for help.

"We must've missed you two, but you look so pretty. I love the dress." Grace said smiling towards me.

It's not that Grace and Zach were horrible people and mean. They're just strict to their beliefs. And he doesn't wanna disappoint them.

"Thanks Grace." We stand there for a second, talking. But they wanted to walk around the hotel, leaving us by ourselves.

Once out of earshot, Griffin looked over at me. "I totally need a drink now." I took his hand in mine and walked out of the hotel.

We went to Bourbon Street, and went inside one of the many of bars on it. "What can I get for you two?" We usually go to two bars.

A straight one, then a gay one. "Can we get two screwdrivers, please?" I ask as the bartender walks away.

"So, do you think you'll ever tell Grace and Zach?" I ask him. The bartender hands us our drinks as we thank him.

"Yeah, they're gonna figure it out sooner or later. Especially when I'm getting married and the person isn't wearing a dress." He told me while drinking.

I only drank a few sips of mine by the time he finished his. "It just makes me mad how closed minded they are, you know?" He ranted.

"Like, when they legalized gay marriage, you should've heard them at thanksgiving." The bartender brought him another drink.

"I feel like they won't be too judgmental and actually be understanding." I tell him as he shakes his head no.

"One day. But right now I wanna take a shot for my cousin getting married." We clinked our glasses as we took a shot.

After spending two hours at the first bar, we spent another two hours at the other bar. By the time we were done, we were drunk and stumbling around.

We walked into the hotel lobby super late. Stumbled is probably a better for it. We had our arms wrapped around each other to help balance each other.

When we got the elevators, one was closing but we got to it in time. I look up and to see Colby and Elton looking at us.

"Hey, look it's eye contact." I tell Griffin. He looked up and we both started laughing. "Are you two drunk?" One of the boys asked.

I couldn't make out who it was. "I swear to drunk I'm not God." That made me giggle even more. We were both lightweights when it comes to our drinking.

The two boys looked at each other and sighed. "Do you remember your room number?" I slowly nodded my head as I fixated on Colby.

They walked on either side of us once it got to our floor. They both helped us to the room, unlocking it for us.

"Thank you." I slurred as Griffin walked into the room. "No problem, just stay safe." Elton told us before walking away.

"He's so cute." I say out loud, even though I didn't mean to. Colby turned around smiling, and winked. I quickly closed my door to see Griffin laughing at me.

"You're a dumbass." He laughed. I picked up a pillow and threw it at him.

He fell over causing me to laugh at him. I plopped myself on my bed, instantly falling asleep.

I was gonna be so hungover tomorrow, but I didn't care.