13

I couldn't help but pace back and fourth in my room. Parker, Elton, and Griffin were sitting on my bed watching me.

I heard a crunch coming from my bed, instantly knowing it's from Griffin.

"G, I told you not to eat on my bed, I just cleaned it." I snatched the pretzel bag from his hands.

"Can you stop stressing?" Griffin told me as I started pacing again.

"Is she always like this?" Elton asked as I bit my nails. "No, this is weird." Parker stared in terror.

Colby was coming today. He visited his parents yesterday, and today he was driving from Kansas City to Wichita.

I don't know know why I was so nervous. He started driving here around two and a half hours ago, so he could be here soon.

"Syd, you're gonna be fine. He's not gonna be here for another twenty minutes." Griffin tried to tell me.

"Can we talk about how Parker is the fan of Colby and she's perfectly calm." Elton joked making them laugh, a light smile formed on my face.

"Like do you have any emotion?" Elton asked laughing. She just shrugged as I continued to pace. Griffin stood up and placed his hands on me.

"Calm down before I start to get anxiety." I roll my eyes as I sit down.

My leg started to bounce as the three on my bed started talking. After around ten minutes, I started feeling more anxious.

That's when I heard a knock on the front door followed by a doorbell ring. My eyes widened as I sat up, my heart rate increasing.

"I'll go answer that." Griffin smiled as he stood up. "No you won't." I stood up and followed him.

Turns out, my mom opened the before we could. "Hi, you must be Colby." She stepped aside so he could walk in.

"Yes, it's nice to meet you Ms. Rodinsky." She shook his hand, him smiling at her. "Oh, call me Judith." He looked over, and we made eye contact.

I couldn't hold it an longer. I ran over to him, and wrapped my arms around him. He quickly wrapped his around mine, taking everything in.

"I'm so happy, you're not mad anymore." He whispered in my ear. "Me too." I tell him, as Griffin started choking on his pretzels.

I pulled away, to make sure he was okay. As I looked at him, he started laughing. "Got you, bitch!" He laughed.

"Griffin!" My mom mothered him, knowing he cussed in front of Parker.

Colby then looked at my little sister, her face getting red. "You must be Parker." He smiled as she did the same.

She then looked at Griffin. "Can you pinch me?" She asked him. He obeyed, causing her to flinch. She looked at Colby again, knowing this isn't a dream.

"I really wanna hug you right now." He opened his arms as she ran towards him. After they hugged, he gave Griffin and Elton a Bro hug.

"Colby, you must be hungry. You want something to eat?" My mom spoke up walking towards the kitchen.

"I'm good, thanks though." He tried to deny it but she shook her head. "The least I can do is make food, go settle in." She told him.

I look up at him, as he shakes his head. "I'll take you the guest room." I tell him. Everyone but my mom, walk towards it.

He sits his stuff down as he looks around the room. He then looks at the three nosy people behind us.

"Do you guys mind if I get alone time with Sydney? Ten minutes tops." I smiled when he said my name. They all started talking at once as they walked out.

I looked at Colby as he sat on his bed. He looked at me, a smile formed on his face. "You look good." He complimented.

I was wearing jeans and a sweatshirt I stole from Griffin. "You look good too." I smile towards him.

He patted the spot next to him, wanting me to sit next to him. I obey, walking near him. I sit down as he wraps his arm around me.

I lean my head on his shoulder as I close my eyes. This is a lot of physical touching for us, but I didn't mind it.

"I've missed you." I tell him honestly. "I've missed you too." He honestly told me. It's so weird, being with him calms me down a lot.

Whenever I was at the reception, and I didn't know anyone else, he would calm me down a lot. And now I was nervous about him coming over.

And just sitting here with him calms me down a lot. "I don't hear talking." I hear Griffin say on the other side of the door.

Sounded like they were listening in on us. "You think they're making out?" Parker asked making Elton laugh.

"I'll give you twenty dollars if they are." Elton bet her. "That's a bet I'm willing to take." I pull my head up so I could look at Colby.

Colby and I started laughing at their conversation. I get up, and walk up to the door. I open it to see the three of them standing there.

They looked at each other, scared. "You all needed something?" I ask as Colby chuckled a little. They all shake their heads as they walk away.

I turn to Colby to see his face a little bit red. "There's something wrong with them." I smile as he did the same.

We talked for a while, until my mom brought him food and he came into the kitchen. "We should all hang out." Griffin spoke up.

"We are right now." I tell him while making Colby laugh while eating.

"I mean we should go do something, stupid." He told me. I roll my eyes as he called me stupid.

"I'm going into work, be careful just incase you do something." My mom told us. We all say bye so now it was us.

"Let's throw a party." Elton suggested. "How about no." I disagree.

We all groan as we think of something. That's when an idea came into my head, causing me to look at Griffin and Parker.

And they knew exactly what I was thinking about.