16

"You two all packed?" My mom asked. She agreed to come to California, and her job let her take some vacation days.

Colby and I looked at each other as we both nodded. Elton paid for our plane tickets while Colby is gonna pay for the hotel room for my mom and Parker.

Parker was so excited. She was actually gonna meet Sam and everyone. But I couldn't blame her either. Griffin ended up taking us to the airport.

I was gonna miss him while we were away. "Stay safe in California, alright?" Griffin told me ask I hugged him bye.

"I will." He smiled as we started walking towards the terminal. "I love you, Rodinsky!" He yelled as I walked away.

I laugh a little as I shake my head. "I love you too, G!" I yell back.

We all boarded the plane, Colby and I getting the window seat. My mom, Parker, and Elton sat in the middle row together.

Parker was in between them and it was cute, she was bouncing in her seat. I think she was excited because she was gonna be meeting everyone else.

"Your sisters cute." Colby spoke up as I look at him. I knew he didn't mean it in a creepy way.

"She's gonna have some stories when she gets back to school." I tell him, remembering that she's going into high school in about a month and a half.

The plane started to take off, me taking a deep breath. "You wanna watch a movie?" He pulled out a dual headphone adapter.

I agree as we watched Scott Pilgrim together. By the time it was over, we were landing in California. I looked over at Parker to see her sleeping.

Once it lands, we all get off and wait for our bags. Apparently Sam was picking Elton, Colby, and I up.

My mom was gonna rent a car so she could get around. "We're gonna go check into the hotel, we'll see you later." My mom smiled as they left.

We then started looking around for Sam. Granted, I've never seen him in person so I wouldn't know. "Uncle Elton!" I heard to our right.

I look over to see him walking towards us. I could see already why him and Colby were best friends. Sam hugged both boys, and then looked at me.

"You must be Sydney." He smiled at me. I know Sam has a girlfriend and everything, but he has the prettiest blue eyes.

But then again, so does Colby. "And you must be Sam." He chuckled a little. "It's nice to meet you." I smile as he gave me a small hug.

I look over at Colby to see him staring at us. "Can we get home, I'm tired as hell and have to edit." Elton pouted as we started walking.

"So, when am I gonna meet this younger sister of yours? Parker is it?" Sam asked me.

"After she unpacks, my mom is gonna drop her off at Colby's apartment so we can hang out." Colby booked my mom a spa day to help her relax.

He was the sweetest. "Oh cool, are you coming to pizza night?" Sam asked as I looked at Colby confused. "Pizza night?" I ask.

"A bunch of us hang out on Wednesday nights and eat pizza. We either watch movies or play a game or film a video for our channel." I nod my head.

I can't believe I was gonna be meeting his friends. I smile as I agree. We put our stuff in his car as we drive to Elton's.

California was so pretty. We got here at noon and it was so sunny. Yeah, Kansas was pretty, but nothing compared to California.

We drop Elton off as we start to drive to Colby's. They start talking about video ideas as I look out the window.

"Sydney, is this your first time in Los Angeles?" Sam asked looking through his review mirror. "Yeah, it's really pretty here." I smile at them.

We then get to the apartment complex, everyone getting out. I guess Sam is gonna hang out with us until the pizza party.

We get into the elevator, going up. "What are you gonna do before the party?" Colby asked Sam, making conversation.

"I think Kat's gonna come over and we're gonna finish Euphoria." I look at him with my mouth dropped.

"You watch Euphoria?" I ask as he nods his head. The elevator stopped so when it opened, we all walked out.

He nodded his head, telling me he agreed. I loved Euphoria, it's one of my favorites. "Well, this is mine." Colby told me, stopping in front of a door.

Sam walked away, leaving us at the door. He unlocked the door, going inside. When I go inside, I couldn't help but look around.

To my right was the kitchen, and the left was the washer and dryer. There was a spiral staircase that lead up to a loft, and I can tell there's a balcony.

"This is nice." I tell him in awe. "Thanks, you should've seen the traphouse." I look at him confused.

"What's the traphouse?" I ask sitting down my bags by the couch. He looked at me like I was crazy. "It's the house I lived in before this one." He explains.

He sat down next to me on his couch. I couldn't believe I was here in California with Colby. "Can I ask a question?" Colby asked looking at me.

I nod my head as he looked at me with a soft face. "What happened to your dad?" I figured this was coming.

It didn't upset me though. "He left us when I was seven or eight. It was right after Parker was born." I tell him, I could see the sadness on his face.

"I'm sorry. How do you handle it?" He asked curious of the conversation. I think of the answer before opening my mouth.

"I was mad at first, then I was sad. But it doesn't bother me anymore. Griffin and I make jokes about it all the time." I tell him honestly.

"But, I don't wanna talk about sad stuff. Let's have a good time."