15

I had trouble falling asleep tonight. Parker ended up falling asleep on her trampoline as she looked at the stars.

Elton picked her up and brought her to the tent. I laid next to her, and tried to fall asleep. But couldn't.

Elton, Colby, and Griffin were sitting by the dying fire.

"I just wanna thank you two for coming here. I think it made Syd feel better." I heard Griffin tell them.

"She's great, I'm happy she accepted both of our apologies." Elton told him. I sneakily moved over so I could see them.

Elton was drinking a beer, Griffin was eating his pretzels, and Colby was facing me. But he was giving Elton a bad look.

Like he was offended that Elton called me great. But then he quickly shook it off.

"I knew she was gonna forgive you, I didn't know about me." Colby spoke while staring at the fire.

"Of course she was gonna forgive you." Griffin said in a duh tone. Colby turned to him, giving him a weird face.

"What's that supposed to mean?" He asked confused. "Snitches get stitches, I ain't saying anything else." He stuck a pretzel in his mouth.

I was with Colby, I was confused. I didn't tell him anything so I don't know what he's talking about.

"I just want Colby here to admit his feelings for Sydney." Elton spoke up, making Griffin laugh. "Yes! I'm with Elton here." Griffin agreed.

They then high-fived and laughed a little. "Can you guys be any louder? She's literally in the tent." Colby didn't admit it, but he also didn't deny it.

"She's asleep. She can't hear us." If only they knew. "I just think it'll be easier if you admitted it." Elton told him.

"Even if I did like her, we're just friends and I don't wanna ruin our friendship." Colby shook his head as he talked.

"Don't you remember your old saying? Take chances." Elton did have a point. "Yeah, I guess you're right." He sighed.

The fire popped making Griffin jump. He fell off his chair, spilling some of his pretzels. The boys started laughing as I smiled at them.

I yawned, feeling tired. I closed my eyes, and everything went dark on me.

The next morning, I woke up to sunlight peaking its way through the tent. Someone's arm was wrapped around me as my face was on their chest.

I look up to see I was cuddled up next to Colby. I couldn't help but smile a little bit. But then I looked around to see everyone else was up.

I lightly move Colby's arm off of me and sit up. I rub my eyes as I stand up. I walk into my house to see everyone talking.

My mom was making food, Griffin and Elton were sitting at the island, and my sister was on the couch. When I closed the door, everyone looked at me.

"Well, look at who it is." Griffin smiled as he drank Orange Juice. I sat down right in between Griffin and Elton, which is probably a bad choice.

"So, I didn't know we were using each other as pillows last night. I would've cuddled up with Griffin." Elton joked.

Parker and Griffin started laughing as Elton wrapped his arm around me. I leaned my head on him as he laughed.

"I hate you." I tell him as my mom smiled at us. We heard the back door open and close, meaning it's Colby.

We look over and he's staring at us. Mainly at Elton's arm, which is still around me. Elton noticed, and took it off of me.

"I'm gonna go use the bathroom real quick." He said walking towards it. "What was that about?" I ask confused.

Griffin and Elton looked at each other, and then shook their heads. "We think he's a little jealous of our bond." Elton explained.

Why would he be jealous? There's no reason for him to be jealous. He walked back in here, and seemed completely normal.

"Breakfast is ready everyone." My mom smiled. We all made our plates and started eating. Griffin, of course, had the biggest plate of all of us.

After eating, Griffin and Elton left because they were all gonna have bro's afternoon. I'm happy that both Elton and Colby aren't creeped out that he's gay.

Most straight guys would be, but they're actually chill. Colby and I were currently in my room, trying to figure out what to do.

He was only gonna be here for a couple more days so we were trying to think fast. "Sydney." Colby spoke up.

"What's up?" I ask him as I lay up in my bed. "I have an idea." I sit up so I could look at him.

"What is it?" I ask with my eyebrow raised. "When Elton and I go back to California, come with us." My eyes widened as I looked at him.

"What?" I ask staring at him. "It's a good idea. You can come meet Sam and all of my friends." He told me.

If I go, what was I supposed to do about Parker, or my mom? What about Griffin?

"What about my mom or Parker? And Griffin? Will they come?" I question him.

"Parker and your mom can come. I'll pay for their tickets. Your mom would want to go on vacation." He told me.

"I mean when was the last time your mom went on a vacation?" He did have a point. I sighed as I looked at him.

"What about Griffin?" I ask as he shrugged. "Between us, I don't think he would like California." That's true.

Griffin doesn't like hot. He loves the cold. That's another perk of him going to Juilliard.

"So, what you're saying is that you want my mom, Parker, and I go to California with you?" I ask, making sure I understand everything.

He nodded his head, as I smiled a little bit. I looked into his blue eyes, smiling even more.

"Okay, okay. I'll go. We just need to talk to my mom about it." The biggest smile grew on his face. "Under one condition though." I tell him.

His smile dropped as he asked me what. I smiled as I stood up, looking for my keys.

"We gotta go shopping."