18

I plopped onto Colby's couch after pizza night. My mom picked Parker up so it was only us two. "That was really fun." I speak up.

He closed his door while coming next to me. "It was, I think everyone liked you." He smiled as I did the same.

"You wanna watch a movie?" He asked as I nodded my head. He turned a movie on as we cuddled up next to each other.

He wrapped his arm around me as we watched. I slowly put my head on his shoulder. It made my heart race while butterflies came in my stomach.

Halfway through watching, we were both laying on the couch. He was big spoon while I was small spoon.

He was playing with my hair, which was making me feel tired. "If you keep doing that, I'm gonna fall asleep." I tell him, tiredly.

"You wanna go to sleep then?" He asked as I nodded my head. He stopped the movie as he stood up. "I'll see you tomorrow." He smiled.

We made our separate ways, him going to his room, me going into the guest room. I change into a tank top and plaid pajama pants.

I lay down, and I instantly fall asleep. It was one of the best sleeps I've had in awhile. When I woke up, the first thing I smelt was food.

I got up and went into the kitchen. I saw Colby in the kitchen, making food. He was wearing joggers and was shirtless.

He had bed hair which made him look cute. "You wanna take a picture?" He asked pulling me out of my thoughts.

I roll my eyes as I sat at his island. It looked like he was making eggs and bacon. "So, what are the plans for today?" I ask watching him.

I didn't realize how fit he was til now. But it was different. He wasn't like, overweight, but he wasn't the most built.

He was perfect, on the inside and the outside. "I think we're gonna go to the beach with Sam, Parker, your mom, and Elton." It honestly made me feel happy.

I'm happy because I'm here with Colby. I'm also happy that my mom can actually enjoy herself for once.

Plus, she can spend time with Parker. "It sounds fun." I meant it too. I then stood up so I could help him make breakfast.

"Woah, what're you doing?" He asked looking at me up and down. "I'm gonna help, it's the least I can do." I grab a spatula so I can help.

"Syd." That was the first time he's ever called me Syd. And I liked it. "Don't say anything else." He took a deep breath as he shook his head.

We cooked breakfast together, and it actually tasted good. After we ate, we decided to finish the movie we started last night.

There was a knock on the door. I groaned as Colby stood up. "We're never gonna finish this movie." I half joke.

He opened the door to it being Parker and my mom. I sit up so I could look at them. "Sorry to come a little early. We just wanted an early start." My mom explained.

"Oh it's okay. Syd and I were just watching a movie." He stepped aside so they could walk in. Parker had Starbucks in her hand to help wake her up.

"That's okay, we can let you two finish it." My mom smiled at us. Colby started playing the movie as he sat down next to me.

After twenty minutes, we finally finished the movie. Since we did, we got ready to go to the beach with everybody.

I put a bikini on in the guest room as I thought about how this was a crazy experience. Like back in May I never pictured myself being here.

But I'm glad I am. "Sydney, you almost ready in there?" Parker asked from my door. I look at myself one last time in the mirror.

I take a deep breath and then walk out the door. "You're like a grandma you slow ass." I dropped my jaw as Parker spoke.

"You need to stop hanging around Griffin." I joke as she smiles. I go into the kitchen to see everyone hanging out.

Everyone but Elton. I guess he was meeting us there. "You ready?" Colby asked looking at me. I nod my head as he grabbed his keys.

We all walked to the parking lot, getting into his Corolla. He drove all of us to the beach, everyone making conversation.

I was too invested into looking at everything. It was just so sunny, I loved it. When we got to the beach, Colby parked right by Elton.

I got out of the car to greet Elton. "Hey, munchkin." Elton wrapped his arms around me as I wrapped my arms around him.

"Hey, bub." I say into his chest. "How're you liking California so far?" He asked pulling away.

He grabbed a few things from his truck and we both started walking to the beach. "I love it. I met a bunch of your friends last night." I tell him.

I really did love it though. For the time I was here. I look at Elton to see him glancing behind us, smiling at something.

"Colby is so jealous of us for no reason." He laughed a little. We found a spot on the beach so we stopped walking.

I turn to look at him to see him watching us closely. "Yeah, what is that about?" I ask laying a blanket out.

"You're so oblivious, Sydney. He's into you. And you're into him so I don't know why you won't do anything." He told me.

Was it obvious that I liked him? "I really don't think he does." I say ignoring the other things. "Sydney. I've known him for years." He started.

"I've never seen him like a girl as much as he likes you. Just grow some balls and tell him." Elton told me.

"Tell who what?" Colby asked butting in. I looked at Elton as he looked at me with wide eyes.

He started scratching his neck, both of us not knowing what to say. "Come on, let's get into the water!" Parker yelled.

Her and the boys went into the ocean while my mom and I laid out. "Thanks for persuading me to go onto this trip. I needed it." My mom spoke up.

"I'm glad you could come." I soak up the sun while I can. "This is the first vacation I've been on in a long time." She spoke.

"You deserve it, mom."