4

I guess I was right about yesterday. I had the worst hangover.

We laid in bed for most of the morning, but after eating and taking medication, we went back out.

We were both currently getting ready for the rehearsal dinner. I put on a maroon shirt with a matching skirt to it.

I tuck the shirt into the skirt as I look for some heels. When I walk outside of the bathroom, he had a jean jacket on, a white t-shirt, and black pants.

"Hey, ninety-eighty two called, they want their outfit back." I flip him off as he smiled over at me.

"You're a douche." I joke as I put on matching heels. He groans as I put my last strap together on my heel. I liked them cause they matched my outfit.

"You okay?" I ask Griffin as he sighs. "I really don't wanna go to this thing." He told me. I walked over to him, laying right next to him.

Our shoulders were touching as we laid there. "Honestly, neither do I, but Zoey would want us there." I tell him straight up.

He looked at his watch on his wrist and quickly sat up. "We're late!" He grabbed my hand as we started to run out of our room.

Of course, we would be the two that would be late to the rehearsal dinner. Good thing the banquet room was in the hotel.

When we got to the room, he put his ear to the door. "They haven't started yet." He told me. He opened the door to a bunch of chatting people.

They all got quiet as they looked at us. "I really hate you right now." I tell Griffin as he shrugged. We sat down at our spots as Grant looked over at us.

"Where were you two?" His mom asked. "We lost track of time, I'm sorry ma." Griffin told her as she nodded her head.

It seems like we came at a good time because Chad stood up to do a toast.

"You know, I met Zoey when we were in high school. She was on the cheer team and I was on to robotics team." He started as I looked around.

"What guy named Chad is on the robotics team?" Griffin whispered in my ear.

I tried really hard to hold my laughter in. "I didn't even know there was a robotics team." I tell him as he laughs.

Grant lightly elbowed me, while shaking his head. There was a little smile on his face, so even though he wanted us to stop, he liked it.

"But one day, we worked on a project together and ever since then, we started talking." Griffin and I looked at each other and rolled our eyes.

That's why I hate weddings. All the sappy love stories. Don't get me wrong, I believe in love, I've just never been the type to be all sappy.

It was weird, I haven't seen Colby since the night we got drunk. "Have you seen Colby since we were drunk?" I whisper over to Griffin.

"Bitch, all I can think about is food so you better quit asking these dumbass questions." He told me, making me laugh.

I quickly cover my mouth as the people around me, getting annoyed.

"Now, let's raise our glasses because, tomorrow I'm marrying my dream girl." Chad finished.

We drink the burning liquid like we're taking down a shot. "If anyone asks, I'm using the bathroom." Griffin told me in my ear.

I was confused when he got up, but I shook it off. After hearing two or three people give toasts, Griffin came back.

He scooted a plate of food towards me as I looked over at him. "Obviously, I didn't go to the bathroom, I was stealing food." This is why he's my best friend.

Once we started eating, the toasts were over and they were ready to give out food. Good thing we don't have to wait in the line.

As we ate, I felt a small breeze and the sound of someone sitting next to me. I look over to see Colby.

"You two doing okay?" He asked looking over at us. I look at Griffin as he looks at me. He signals for me to answer him, as he sticks food in his mouth.

"We're doing good, are you doing good?" I ask as he looks at me. "Do you not remember what happened?" He asked as I shook my head no.

I wonder what he was talking about. He laughed for a second, before answering. "Basically you walked into the elevator, super intoxicated." He started.

"Elton and I helped you to your room, making sure you got there safely." I shrug as I finish the food. "That doesn't sound too bad." I tell him.

That's when he smiled over at me. "As I walked away, you called me cute." Griffin started choking on his food as I blushed.

I shook my head as I thought about an excuse. "There was a picture on the wall." I deny as he shakes his head.

"Syd, you're a dumbass." I look at Griffin and punch him in his arm. He quickly brought his other hand to it, rubbing where I hit.

That's when I saw him smile. "I'm gonna use the bathroom." He stood up, leaving me alone with Colby.

"I'm sorry about that, the whole drunk thing." I apologize to him. "Don't worry about it. I thought it was really cute." I couldn't help but smile a little.

"So, Colby. Where are you from?" I asked wanting to get to know him better. "Kansas." My mouth dropped as I looked at him.

"Really? Which part?" I ask as he realized. "Are you from Kansas too?" He asked as I nodded my head.

I could see a little twinkle in his eye. "I'm from Stanley, it's a couple miles away from Kansas City, Kansas. You?" He asked keeping eye contact.

"I live in Wichita. So we're only a couple hours away?" I ask as he sighed.

"Unfortunately, my best friend and I moved to Los Angeles after we graduated." I was surprised by that.

There was something about him that wanted me to know more about him. "Why'd you move to California?" I ask curious.

"Business reasons, you could say." The way he said it made it sound like he didn't want to talk about it. So I didn't force it on him.

"It must be nice, living in California." I smile as he does the same. "Oh it is, trust me. Only con about it is the traffic." He tells me.

After he told me, Griffin started running towards me.

"Dude, they have a chocolate fountain. Come on." He grabbed my hand, and pulled me away from Colby.

I turned to him, and mouthed that I was sorry. He shrugged while laughing.

My drunk self was right though, he is cute.