8

It was sad we were leaving already. But I do miss my sister and mom. Yesterday was a blast. We rode every ride we could.

Elton and I got close yesterday, I could feel it. I pack the last of my bag as Griffin finishes his.

"Should we start to head out? Our plane is leaving soon." Griffin sighed. I stand up and look around.

"Yeah I guess so." We grab our bags and walk out of the room. When I looked down the hallway, I saw Elton and Colby walking out of their room.

Looks like they were leaving too. "You all leaving too?" Elton asked.

We nodded our heads as we held the elevator door for them. "We can ride together, if you want." Colby suggested.

We agreed as we waited to get to the lobby. I was standing near Colby, our shoulders almost touching. I was gonna miss Colby, there's no doubt about it.

We were gonna keep in touch. We got in the Uber and went to the airport. We went through everything together and waited for them announce our plane.

"Flight three seventy-nine to Wichita is now boarding." Griffin and I sigh as we stand up. I hug Elton first.

He gave me a bear hug, making sure he held me tightly. "Hey, if you need anything, call me. Okay?" Elton told me.

I nodded my head as he smiled. He messed my hair up as I pushed him lightly. I fixed my hair as I looked over at Colby.

Him and Griffin had just got done talking. I walked over to him and gave him a little nudge on the shoulder.

"Come give me a quick hug." He opened his arms up, wanting me to give him a hug. I couldn't resist. I wrap my arms around him, my heart beat raising.

"You better stay in touch, Sydney." Colby told me as he pulled away. "Same goes to you, Colby." I tell him.

"I hate to break this up, but I'll like to go home." Griffin told us. I sigh as I look at the two boys I met over the week.

I say goodbye as we walk away. I didn't turn around. I stayed facing forward. I knew Colby and I would stay in touch, so there was no need for it.

We boarded the plane, Griffin getting the window seat. I didn't mind. I put my earbuds in and laid my head on Griffin's shoulder.

He wanted to watch a movie, and typical me wanted to sleep. But sadly, once again, it didn't feel like I slept for a long time.

Griffin woke me up, causing me to stretch and look around. Most of everyone had left. I grabbed our carry ons as we got off the plane.

Oh how I missed Kansas. I also miss my family. As we waited for our baggage, we called for an Uber to pick us up.

"I can't wait to get home and flop myself my bed." Griffin told me. Right when we got our bags, the driver told us they were here.

The driver drops me off at my house, knowing that's where Griffin's car is. "I'll see you tomorrow!" Griffin backed out and drove away.

I walked inside the house to see Parker standing in the kitchen. I guess she just got home from school and wanted an after school snack.

"Sydney!" She ran over to me and gave me a hug. I wrapped my arms around her as she does the same. "I've missed you punk." I tell her as she let's go.

"I've missed you too. How was the wedding?" She asked as I tossed my bag in my room. I then sat on the couch as she followed me.

"It was alright. Griffin and I met these two people there. Did you get scared at all?" I ask bringing my knees up to my chest.

She shook her head no. "How was school?" She was in the eighth grade but she's gonna graduate next Friday.

"I got all of my testing done. Next week should be pretty easy." She smiled as I did the same.

"All you gotta do is graduate and you're gonna be in high school!" I excitedly tell her. But she looks down.

Like nerves washed over her. "You okay?" I ask as she looks up at me. "Is high school scary, like on movies?" She asked.

"No. If you meet the right people and stick around them, you'll have a great time." I tell her honestly. She still looked pretty scared.

"You wanna go get frozen yogurt?" I could see her face brighten up. "Come on, let's go." I stand up and grab my car keys.

We got into my Corolla, her getting in the passenger seat. My phone buzzed, signaling a message. "Who's Colby?" Parker asked.

"He's one of the people I met at the wedding." I tell her while focusing on the road. "Do you like him?" She teased I smiled a little bit.

"I don't know him well enough to justify yet." I tell her, trying to change the subject. "But you think he's cute?" She asked.

I look at her smiling, not denying it. "Do you have a picture of him?" She asked wanting to see him.

That's when I realized, I don't have any pictures of him. Or even with him. "I don't have a picture." I tell her as she looks at me.

"How do you not have a picture of someone you thought was cute?" She asked shocked. "Cause, I'm not a crazed stalker like you." I joke as she laughed.

She lightly nudged me as I get to the frozen yogurt place we love. I get cookies and cream while she gets cotton candy. This is kinda our thing.

Whenever we get sad, we go to the frozen yogurt place no one goes to and get out favorite. I pay for everything as we sit down.

"Do you think Griffin is gonna come to my graduation?" She asked sticking hers in her mouth.

"I can talk to him about it, but I'm sure he wouldn't miss it." I tell her. Even though our age gap is the same between Elton and I, we're super close.

I wouldn't want anyone else as my sister.