10

I stared at my computer in disbelief. Colby lied to me. They had three million subscribers on YouTube.

Three million people who follow their lives and watch their videos. I sat there in silence as I looked at it. Even Elton was famous.

He had a couple million subscribers of him pranking and doing a bunch of different things. The thing is, he tried to act like he was perfect.

But back in January of this year, him and his best friend got arrested because of trespassing. "Sydney." Griffin spoke up, fear in his voice.

I shake my head as I look at the screen. I just don't understand why he would keep it from me. "Are you okay?" He asked worriedly.

I looked at him with angry tears in my eyes. "Why would he keep this from me?" I ask, my leg bouncing.

"Maybe he kept it for a good reason." He told me. I looked at him with my eyebrow raised. "Oh so now you're defending him?" I ask as he sighs.

"Syd, I didn't mean it like that. I don't know why he kept it from us, it's a shitty thing." He told me as I turned my head to my computer.

He was FaceTiming me. "I don't even wanna deal with it, let's go do something." I tell him as I stand up.

I walk out of my room as he follows me. I get into my car as he gets into my passenger seat. "Syd, are you okay to drive?" Griffin worriedly asked.

I nodded as I drove to my favorite place. I went to the Sedgwick County Park, and went to the playground.

There wasn't many kids around so it was good. I went to the top and sat down, my legs hanging off the edge.

Griffin sat next to me as I sat there. "Syd, please talk to me." He begged. That's how I am, when I get mad I shut down for a little bit.

"I just don't understand." I stare at the mulch as I talk. "Like I don't know why he would lie." He sighed as he thought about it.

"Maybe you should talk to him about it. If you talk to Colby, I'll talk to Elton." He sighed as he looked at me.

I looked at him as laid my head on his shoulder. "Okay fine." I tell him, still feeling mad about it.

We hung out for awhile, but he had to leave for a family dinner. When I get back to the house, my mom and my sister were eating.

"You okay, where were you?" My mom asked worried.

"I was out with Griffin. I'm going back to my room." I go in there to see I had a bunch of missed calls from Colby.

I take a deep breath as I FaceTime him. He answered on the second ring. "You okay? I haven't heard from you all day." He told me.

I leaned back in my chair as I looked at him. "When were you gonna tell me?" I ask getting to straight to the point.

His eyebrows creased as he looked at me. "Tell you what?" He asked looking at me.

"That you were famous. That you had millions of subscribers on YouTube." The color washed away from his face.

"I was gonna tell you, I just didn't know how." I could tell he was upset, but I was too mad to feel anything.

"Colby, you lied to me. About almost everything." I tell him.

"When I met you, and I realized you didn't know who I was, it was nice." He explained. I sat there and listened to it.

"It was nice to have someone that didn't see me as Colby Brock, the social media personality." He worded his words correctly.

It's like he tried to not say the word famous.

"I just don't know why you didn't tell me. I wouldn't have freaked out." It's like he thought I was a crazed stalker.

"I know that now, Sydney. Please don't be mad." He sounded sincere. "I have a right to be mad." I tell him while shaking my head.

"We can work this out, I won't lie anymore." He tells me as I shake my head.

"Not right now. I need to think about this." He sighed as he ran his fingers through his hair. "Syd, I'm sorry." He apologized.

"I'll talk to you later." I hang up on him, closing my laptop shut. I feel like screaming. "Sydney?" I hear my sister say.

"Look, I'm really not in the mood." I turn to her to see she was looking at me.

I didn't wanna sound rude or anything, I just feel really stupid and wanted to be alone.

"I just wanted to say that mom went in and I'm spending the night at Mia's." She shyly said. I barley get mad at her so I sigh in defeat.

"Have fun." She smiled at she walked away. When she left I went to the living room to turn on YouTube.

I typed in Elton's channel to watch some of his stuff. I watch a video where he was at Dubai with Colby and two of their friends.

It was the one where they get into a 'fight' with a punching bag. Colby looked so young in it. There was knock on the door and then footsteps.

"I brought you starbucks to cheer you up." Griffin spoke up. I smiled as I paused the video.

"Thanks, G. I'm sorry about earlier." I told him as he sat next to me. He shook his head as he drank his drink.

He looked at the tv to see what I was watching. "How're you handling it?" He asked, curious.

"Better I guess. I'm still mad about it though, you know? It's just hard to believe that he's popular, or famous if you wanna call it that." I explain.

He nodded his head, like he understood. "No, I agree. It pisses me off too. Maybe if we watch his stuff, we won't be as mad." He suggested.

I agree as I started the video again. It's a lot to take in for sure, and it's gonna take me a little bit to get used to it.

He just feels like a whole different person now.