Chapter 2

{izuku's pov}

When I finally arrived at the great hall, the noise of everyone chattering and practicing hit me like a brick. Everyone looked so passionate in their work, with most students with beaming smiles. The hall was massive, it was like a concert hall, two balconies above me, holding a few hundred more seats. The stage was massive as well, it was flooded with a bright white light and I could see all the way to the back where the equipment is held, it made me feel smaller than I already am.my head began to pound, this was a little too much, I had never performed in front of anyone other than my mum, and this sudden feeling of having all eyes on me made my head spin. But I was excited, I could feel my blood bubble with adrenaline, I was ready. I couldn't help but feel like this is where I was meant to be.

I carried a standard guitar on my back, I had managed to stop my dorm and collect my instrument before the time ran out. It wasn't a posh guitar, but it was sentimental. It belonged to my mum when she also had to dream of becoming a star, but that quickly died down when she met.... My dad. The guitar also belonged to my grandad, who I had never met, but I still feel attached to it somehow. I taught myself how to play the guitar, I would spend my middle school lunch breaks and after school watching videos on the computer and spying on the music club as in my old school we had to pay to attend. I wasn't good enough o call it a talent, just enough to accompany me and create songs with. I felt the weight of the guitar get heavier. This is it. My time to prove that I deserve to be here. My time to prove all might I have what it takes to carry on his legacy.

I sat in one of the middle rows, I had about one-minute left of practice time, so I spent it revising my lyrics. I felt a wave of unease suddenly hit me and I turn to look to my side and surprised to see Kaachan, sitting a few seats away from me. What was he doing, I thought he would never have in a million years want to voluntarily sit close to me? This unease was killing me, the anxiety of being shouted by him clouded my mind until I heard a shout from a now recognisable tired voice.

"shut your yappering, it's time to present. If you don't sit down in seat order in the next 30 seconds, I will personal find myself a teacher without a class." Mr aizawa spoke diligently. Even though the voice sound like it was only mumbling, it boomed and cause a total silence in the room. We all collectively moved to the front row of seats, perfectly in order and in total silence. Something about this teacher scared us so much, that our bodies naturally did what he commanded.

"now how what I will be doing is assessing you via points. You get a point if its engaging, how well you work under pressure in front of a live audience, for accuracy, techniques, emotion weight, passion, creativity, and obviously talent. The student with the least amount of points will be promptly removed from this class, so you better impress me. You will perform in seat order. You will tell your name, your talent and whatever you are performing. once you're done with your performance, do not expect feedback. That will come at the end. Let's begin."

And so it began, the theatre lights were turned off and the stage lights brightened, the first student, which was a blond skinny boy, happily cat walked across the stage. The teacher sighed "name?"

"bonjour, j'm'appelle Yuga Aoyama and I perform the art of opera !! je chanterai Ave Maria." He bowed elegantly. Wow, only the first student and already we have such a culture difference, even though he still looked Japanese, and his accent was still... Japanese. Before I could dive in further of this guy's ethnicity. A loud booming soundtrack started to play, and he began. It was clear he knew what he was doing, he had the right technique and effectively used a trill in his voice. this guy was good. I glance over to mr aizawa to see if their was any sign of being impressed, but instead I see a blank stare with an almost disapproving facial expression. WHHHAAA if he is unimpressed with guy, I'm screwed.