Chapter 20

Bakugo could feel the anxiety of anticipation crawling under his skin. It was gut wrenching. He had heard Deku leave his room for his 'appointment' about 30 minutes ago, way longer than his simple blood pumping meet-up. Eri was peacefully sleeping on his lap, curled up like a kitten as bakugo had his legs cross. He was chipping at the grout on the wall, feeling the ever growing darkness that something was going wrong somewhere else. He used his other hand to stroke Eri's soft head, after using his own fingers as a makeshift comb to detangle some of the big knots. He sighed, knowing he unintentionally made room in his heart for another person besides Deku, he really was getting soft. He was beginning to relax himself, feeling his lower body go numb due to the lack of movement, until he heard keys jiggling outside his door, as it burst open without a warning.

Eri, in a panicked kitten state, instantly hid behind Katsuki, he held out his arm in a protective stance, involuntarily growling at the new presence. Out came an over confident asshole who graciously step into the cellar, a weary yellow light highlighting his back which emanated from the now open door.  He stood tall, clearly an adult, and a grotesque pelican beak mask protruded from the bottom of his face, hiding his wicked smile. His hands were deep-rooted him his pockets, the top of his pat toned cloves appeared on his wrists. He seemed too chilled out to be talking to his feral prisoner, almost like he did this on the daily, and they weren't even that special. Nevertheless, bakugo remained in his feral state, waiting for the danger to make one wrong move for him to attack, though he was still chained to the wall. The threat chuckled, such a ravage beast deserved his prey.

"Oh don't look so feisty explosion hair, I'm only here to give you a gift. You two have been the upmost polite guests we have had, plus you are looking after the brat so the least we could do was give you a little treat. Toss him in!" at first the figure spoke with a menacingly sweet voice, as if he was talking to cattle. Though his last sentence were directed to whoever was still on the other side of the door. Katsuki shuddered, the sound of his voice made him want to be sick, he wanted to carve his thumbs into those sickeningly confidence eyes, he hated him already. His defensive nature only increased, feeling as if steam was releasing from his eyes as he wish his gaze could pierce through and give this asshole a unibrow. Out from the door, another figure came in, holding a another smaller one and chucked him on the cold hair floor, receiving no reaction from the lifeless new body. Bakugo no longer felt strong in his body. As if in that moment, his entire nervous system shut down. That green mop of hair, that small fragile body, that blood. He wanted to see him so badly.... this was not what he meant.

"DEKU ?! DEKU !!" He screamed, regaining confidence in his body again. He pulled at the chains, trying to run to his boyfriend's lifeless body, he didn't care that the mental was digging into his wrists and ankles, he needed to get to his loved one. Deku looked too still, causing memories and tears threaten to expose themselves. The masked man watched with pleasure, enjoying every squirm, struggle and scream from the 'tough' blond boy.

"Awwww look, the feral beast has a heart." Chisaki mocked, placing a delicate finger over the tip of his weird bird mask. Bakugo felt all the dark past of anger rise within him, no longer pulling on the chains to get to Deku, but to attack. "WHAT THE FUCK HAVE YOU DONE TO HIM?" He screeched, his deep crimson eyes begging to be met with a certain red substance from his enemy. Chisaki chuckled again, turning and waving his hand with dismissiveness. "We had fun..." he said, before slamming the door, leaving the room to fall into darkness once again.

"DEKU, DEKU CAN YOU HEAR ME?!" Bakugo continued to scream, his eyes now concentrated on the body just a meter away. The body wasn't moving, for fuck sake bakugo couldn't even tell if he was breathing. 'shit please just let him be unconscious... I can't lose him again.' He pulled and yanked and tugged but the chains were no use, he was bound to his position. He sunk his knees into the dirt below him, not willing to give up but cried as he tried to find another solution. "Katsuki?" A little girl cried out behind him, feeling the same internal struggle as the blond, though she wasn't cuffed to any chains-... THAT'S IT !! "Eri!! I need you to do a very important thing for me, ok ?! Can you go over to him and put a finger on the inside of his wrists and tell me if you can feel a pulse, is that ok ?" Bakugo begged, placing his hands delicately on her shoulders, both crimson eyes connected with a serious expression. Eri could feel the desperation from the blond, and as requested, she hesitantly walked over to their new visitor. She didn't know the reasoning behind this request, but she could only assume that this was a way to check to see if Izuku was ok. "L-like this ?"she said, placing two fingers over the direct spot Katsuki had requested. "Perfect do you feel anything?" He tried to stay positive, he didn't want to scare the little girl and say that if she felt nothing, she would be touching a corpse. Bakugo was never religious, he mostly didn't give a shit wether or not a god was watching him, but in that moment he hoped they did, and he prayed for them to listen to his calls. Please let izuku be alive... please let his bunny be alive. Kacchan scanned Eri's face with an intensity he could not describe, waiting for any sign from the little girl's expression. At first her face was just puzzled, sending bakugo to fear for the worse, feeling like he could burst into the purest form of grieve as his loved one laid dead in the floor. But then she looked up with a more serious face, awaiting her next instructions.