Chapter 19

Cold.
Everything was cold.
Why did everything feel so rough?
Why does everything hurt?
He was hungry again
He felt empty again.
Was he back at his old home?
Without food?
Without warmth?
Was all of his UA life a dream?

Questions kept popping up in Deku's mind as he awoke in such dingy conditions. He hadn't even opened his eyes yet, but his mind still went into full damage mode. It didn't feel like he was outside, eventhough he was incredibly cold. It wasn't the same rubbly texture as the alleyway, which was the last thing he remembered. He finally opened his eyes. It was a boxy room, nothing inside other than himself and a bucket next to him which he didn't even want to know what it's use was. There was no lights, the only thing illuminating his surroundings was coming from the small window on the bolted door on the left of him. He didn't have the strength to move, his head was pounding like crazy. He moved his hand towards his head, trying to calm down his thumbing headache but was met with an unfamiliar jingling sound and was followed with something around his wrists restricting his movement. In that moment he suddenly sprung to life, realising the severity of his situation. He was bolted to the wall by chains connecting to both his wrists and ankles, the cold mental tightly grasping, leaving not enough ample room to even fit his pinky figure between. He struggled for a moment, hopelessly pulling away as if he could escape whilst doing so. He fell back in defeat. Memories of what happened slowly swarmed his thoughts. 'Stain.... iida.... I attacked him... I was about to be defeated until Todoroki and..' his mind jumped to the one person and one person only. For the first time in a suprisingly long time, tears streamed down his face in pure unfiltered fear.

"KACCHAN!!" He screamed, struggling to reach for the door as if his chains were going to miraculously break now, even though his previous failed attempt. He kept screaming that childish name over and over again, almost wishing that he would appear right in front of him, if he said it enough. He failed his promise, he failed to keep himself safe, he failed to keep him safe, he watched as stain took his lifeless, sleeping body whilst he was unable to do anything. He needed to know if he was safe, he needed to know where he is. This feeling, this unfiltered feeling of fear, regret, loneliness, made him feel like he was back at the beginning of the year, he was back at aquare one. All that confidence build up, all those tactics of evaluating his situations and adapting to it, all his hard earned relationships, all flushed down the drain. He could feel his voice gettting strained as he screamed his boyfriend's name, each pronunciation itching the back of his throat. He probably was only screaming for 30 seconds, but to him it felt like an eternity, an eternity without his beloved. He fell to the floor in defeat, his wrists and ankles burning due to how hard he was trying to pull, his sobbing was mixed with a cacophony of panting and sniffling. The world had gone silent, his room had gotten dark, and Deku had felt empty. Until...

"Deku?" A soft voice spoke from the other side of wall behind the small green haired boy. He froze, unable to tell if it was his mind playing dirty tricks on him. He patiently waited... listening out for another sign of life. He clutched into the dirt below him, of course it was just a trick, of course he wasn't actually her- "Deku are you there?" The voice spoke again. This couldn't be true, this was still his mind playing tricks on him. If not, then he couldn't tell if this was a good thing or a bad thing. "Kacchan ?" He spoke out, swiveling his petite body towards the wall and delicately placed his ear on it, tears were on hold as he patiently waited.

"DEKU!! TELL ME THIS ISN'T SOME FUCKED UP DREAM!! TELL ME I HAVEN'T DEVELOPED SCHIZOPHRENIA AND NOW IM TORTURING MYSELF BY TRICKING MYSELF INTO LISTENING TO YOUR BEAUTIFUL VOICE?" Bakugo suddenly shouted, causing Deku to recoil due to the hearing damage he had gained from the volume of the others voice. Bakugo, was patiently waiting on the other side, chained up the same way on the opposite side of the wall. He had previously was taking a nap until he heard his boyfriend's desperate muffled screams. When he first woke up, he felt like he was going to puke, the world spun as he tried to regain his bearings. He was equally surprised to the new environment, feeling the darkness of the room tighten around his throat. He panicked knowing that Deku might still be fighting the sicko as he was asleep, and he to began to scream his boyfriend's name the same as Deku did, but to no avail. He passed out an hour before Deku had awoken, making him fall asleep in a world without his beloved. The soft voice was enough to move him to tears, but he didn't trust his mind to the fullest, knowing that this could all be an illusion or even a dream. The atmosphere was thick, as bakugo anticipated a response from the voice behind the wall.