Chapter 11

Both boys were shaken to their  core. They had just arrived infront of the UA building as a police car had transported them from the office. Bakugo hasn't let go of deku since the incident. It was either a full on comfort hug or just holding on to his hand. It seemed deku was overly shaken, he looked traumatized and scared at everything but Kaachan and his stomach felt bruised and empty. He clung onto the blond boy whatever chance he got, accept kaachan's constant protective contact. His mind seemed vacant during the interrogation, answering with a small noise as w yes or no. His eyes were wide, his pupils constantly dilated with no hint of sparkle of life. He constantly hand one hand clutching onto his stomach. He could have died. deku was use to being close to his demise, there have been many times were deku had almost starved to death. However, the was different. He could have died violently, by someone else hands, in front of Kaachan. The very thought terrified him.

They were walking in school premises, on the path towards their dorm, both dreading the questions they would receive from their energetic classmates. Deku held onto Bakugo's shirt, as he was under his arm, protected. They walked in silence, even if they wanted to make conversation, they didn't have the strength. Deku was shaking, Kaachan was angry.

Kaachan felt the everlasting need to protect him, he was pretty sure that he wouldn't leave the boy's side for a very long time. He was angry at himself, they should have just left the diner straight away. He hated how this once perfect day got ruined because of his stupidity. But bakugo couldn't avoid it, he didn't know.

They had reached the dorms, deku hid his face into kaachan's chest, which was replied with Kaachan placing his hand over his green giggly head. Deku was happy to answer questions another time, now he just wanted to rest. They entered and dashed towards their room as fast as they could without running. They heard a their names being called but they didn't stop. They need this time alone. Bakugo's room felt safe, it felt like home. When they arrived, Bakugo, being the main director of they movement, threw their bodies on the sandy surface of the bed. Kaachan Incased deku into a protective hug. All deku do was accept the close comfort, not even blushing or getting flustered. He laid there, his body limp. Bakugo even had to check if he was still breathing a few times of how lifeless his body was.

Out of the blue, Bakugo felt an unregular breathing pattern coming from the boy, he looked to find deku crying and slightly hyperventilating. He didn't know what to do, he didn't hear the conversation he had with that Fucker before he came back. He pulled him in tighter, rubbing his back in comfort.

" let it all out." He creaked out his voice, which was replied with small screams of pain. Deku used one hand to cling onto his shirt where the gun once was and one on his face where scratch marks dashed across his cheeks. It felt like the gun was still there, and deku suspected that he will eventually feel what it's like when the trigger is pulled. This terrified him, he didn't want to leave his mum, his friends, Kaachan. But now the school was being targeted because of him. He felt like a burden, he felt like a nuisance, he felt.... useless.

"Why can't he just leave me alone? I am finally happy. So why does he have to ruin it again" Deku spoke within his tears. Bakugo felt his blood boil. He had the same question, why was Deku's dad so nonchalantly trying to ruin his own son's life.  They laid there, deku firmly pressed upon kaachan's chest, trying to remind himself that he was safe, and Kaachan, holding onto deku with a firm determination. They stayed like that until they fell asleep in each other's arms.

~*

A few days had past, and the pair spent the weekend glued to each other's side. Lessons didn't change and life went back to normal. Their classmates were worried, but respected their privacy. They continued their chaotic behavior with consideration. Summer break was only 2 weeks away and no one knew what the school had planned for them. Was it safe for them to go on holiday ? Luckily their questions would be answered.