chapter 9

Lessons after that became intense. Everyone was working hard on their roles, improving their skills to create a great performance. jirou helped deku create a melody and structure so that they could still practice. Ashido and Momo took charge of teaching the others their choreography to the new music. The special effects were on the verge of being perfectly polished. However, the band was struggling, having 1 less member was tricky. Not only was deku struggling with the guitar, but the band had found they need an extra voice. Aoyama couldn't exactly sing anything other than opera and even though Kaachan could still do backing vocals, he could not properly sing whilst doing the drums. All that was left was jirou and deku. deku didn't want to be the lead singer, it felt like it wasn't deserved. He didn't mind writing the song, but he wanted someone else to take the spotlight, silently judging his new song. Jirou was fine with leading, but she also found it un-deserved, as deku was writing the song, he should sing it. This became a repetitive occurrence within the band, slowing realising that they are falling behind the others. Bakugo was getting worried for deku. it seemed that writing the song and learning a whole new aspect of the guitar was getting to him. His baggy eyes had returned, and his figure tips have been skinned over due to the overuse of the guitar. He was taking to seriously, like everyone else, but deku seemed to not be able to take stress probably.

They had only one more week to prepare, which seems to come closer way too quickly. Deku had finally finished the song, but his guitar skills were not improving at all. Since he was the only guitarist, he had to fully dedicate his time to that now, so the bands hope of him being the lead singer grew thinner. He wanted to find another singer, or turn jirou to learn the world in the space of only a few days. Deku was alone in his room, practicing the guitar until his hands started to bleed. He needed to get it done, if not, he fails the rest of the class.

Deku heard a bang at the door. Opting for peace and quiet, he remained silent, hoping that the person on the other end would think that he was not in. "I heard you playing dumbass, let me in." it was Kaachan voice. Deku sighed and told the blonde boy it was unlocked. Kaachan had never really been inside Deku's room, so seeing how empty it had startled him, it was only a bed and a box. "you still working on the guitar." he said, holding two bowling of food. Deku hummed, opting to ignore figure near his door. Bakugo get frustrated by this, deku has been distant, it's not like he was angry or meaning it. Whenever his mind was away from the song he was as cheerful as ever. His recent distant nature was only because of the insecurity of not being good enough, which bakugo wanted to fix.

"come on, stop with the guitar, I can see you finger's blistering." Bakugo spat, placing the bowls on the bed and taking the guitar away from deku. "come on Kaachan, its this weekend. I need to get better." deku whined as Kaachan shoved a bowl onto his lap, "what you need is food and rest. otherwise you brain won't be able to cope. It will melt more than it already has." Deku wasn't paying attention, just staring down out the bowl of katsudon. "hey !! I put effort on that, don't soil my masterpiece." Kaachan nudged him, finally breaking away Deku's trance. he finally looked at the bowl rather than staring right through it. He began to chow down behind bakugo, he really was out of it. They ate in silence, luckily, they have become friends enough to endure each other's company without words. When they had both finished the food, Kaachan grabbed both bowls and placed them on the floor. embracing deku into a side hug. deku placed his head on bakugo's shoulder, as a symbol that he was listening to Kaachan." damm nerd, you need to stop working so hard, do you want to have another fever." Deku pondered on those words. He had been over stressing recently, but he was just so frustrated with himself. He couldn't adapted as soon as he wanted too. His fingers began to hurt unbearably and was scared that his fingers would be so damaged that he wouldn't be able to play during the performance, but if he didn't carry on, the performance will fail. If only there was an extra singer, someone else who could just sing either for extra vocals or as a lead.