Chapter 22

Bakugo awoke back in the dark room he had been in for the past 2 weeks. Pain surged through his body as if he was laying on a bed of fire, aching at every breath he took. He could feel areas of his limps bruised, and he most likely had a broken rib or two. However, that wasn't the worst part. An irritatingly painful high pitched ringing was the only thing he could hear, his head pounded as a metaphorical drum to the single note melody. He bared no mind to it, as it could just be his eardrums adjusting to waking up. In his groggy state, he looked around. His eyes were once again blurry from the sudden awakening, it was frustrating, it was as if he was blind-..... yikes. When his eyes finally focused, he noticed a figure in the corner of the room. It was clearly Eri, but her back was turned away from Bakugo and her body language expressed one of panic. When Bakugo concentrated further, he could see that she was hunched over another body, one that looked slender and lifeless and.... wet ?? His body was clumsily rapped with a sorry excuse for a shirt, but his body and hair seemed to be soaked. Bakugo's brain went into overdrive, knowing exactly who the other figure was.

"De..u?" He attempted to pronounce, but for some reason he couldn't hear himself speak, only the tedious ringing getting louder, causing him to flinch in despiration. He clearly must have spoken though, because eri suddenly whipped her head around, her face a mixture of dread and relief. Bakugo and deku were clearly not the only ones who got that horrible treatment, the little girl had a poorly rapped bandage over her right eye, followed by many other bandages and wounds scattered around her body. She hurried over to the blond, though he was unable to hear her footsteps. She frantically waved her arms around, pointing at the other body with desperation. All bakugo could do was stare at her lips, they were moving as if she was talking... and yet, nothing was coming out. This visible confusion only shocked Eri, taken a back on how aloof Katsuki was acting. She came closer, her face really close to the teenager's. Bakugo looked up in fear, watching the lips move once again.

"...a...uki... a...u...k?" Bakugo was stunned to only be able to here a muffled collection of a few select sounds, his eyes began to widen with dread, Eri's face followed. "What ?!" He quickly asked, unintentionally making his voice louder than he should have. He had to concentrate on his pronunciations, making sure not to make a fool of himself. He was sure that this was nothing, right ? Just some side affect, just some little bump. He will be fine.... everything will be fine. "Kat...u..i... an...ou...ear...e ?" Eri's lifted a hand over her face, fear and despair washing over her tiny features. She was on the verge of tears as she slowly backed away. This didn't exactly make Bakugo feel any better. He nervously chuckled, the vibration of his voice tickled his throat, but nothing else.

"speak up k-kid I can't hear you ?" He shouted, his voice unintentionally full of fear and anguish. His face dropped when Eri flinched, beginning to cry, her mouth open as if she was scream crying.... but katsuki couldn't hear a thing. He was mortified, he dragged his hand over his ears, scratching at them to see if he could hear the friction.... but he couldn't.  "W-why can't I hear you ?" He spoke with a panicked crazed expression plaster all over his face. 'No, no, no, no, NO, NO, NO, NO! THIS CANT BE FUCKING HAPPENING! This was a dream, like the one where you are slow running. This was just that, right?' His inner monologue begging with desperation. He can't be deaf, he CAN'T be. Sure there was always the threat of his eventual Inability to hear, but he never actually expected it to happen. He was too careful, he was fine. Why wasn't he fine !!

In the corner of room, the other figure began to shift in his place, throwing himself in a coughing fit. "D...eku?" Bakugo called out, as he crawled his way to the coughing body. Images of his scrawny body floating in that horrendous tank shivered down his spine, re-living that moment of regarding his boyfriend clawing at his neck, begging for oxygen. Nothing could take that out of his mind, how his eyes rolled back in pain. He cupped the young boy's head, watching the boy cough whilst fluttering his eyes open. They were still milky green, which stung a little in bakugo a heart, he really was craving to see deku staring back up at him. However, deku just stared into emptiness. The smaller boy smiled, knowing that the only one who could cup him so gently was kacchan. He began to mumble under his breathe, commenting about what he had just been through and how glad he was back in the Blonds arms. Complete unaware of the horror that was placed on bakugo's face.