Chapter 23

[ this is how my sad boi be looking at the moment. He is the big sad glasses man..... whoops spoilers.]

Ringing

Bakugo awoke to the familiar sound of ringing, though it seemed more concentrated than before. He didn't even bother opening his eyes yet, just feeling a cold breeze brush the top of his head. It was peaceful, but even bakugo had learnt not to trust the quiet before the storm. To the tired boy's surprise, he could hear a faint beeping getting progressively louder and louder the more he regained consciousness. Until it became almost deafening.

Bakugo sporadically sat up, gasping for air whilst doing so. Everything was so loud, the ringing, the beeping, the breeze. Everything was ear raping him, as if he was back in that seat with the speakers playing high volume white noise. Even though his eyes were open, he couldn't register his surroundings, only the bright white light that accompanied this sickening feeling. Bakugo was proud of his intermittent record of not having a panic attack, especially through his circumstances, but that personal best was broken. He was for sure that he was still back in that facility, awaiting his next torture, granted he wasn't cuffed to the bed, but at this point he wasn't able to read the moves from his sicko captives. He began to hyperventilate, clutching onto his hair with fear, the pain in his ears were getting worse. His eyes watered with an all too familiar feeling of dread, feeling fear for the future bubble inside him. He felt like a rapid beast, any sudden movement or loud noise could set him off on a rampage, which didn't help the fact that he automatically jumped when the room door suddenly burst open. He shifted to the opposite side of the bed, shaking and growling like a scared puppy. His eyes were too watery to see the figure, who frantically made his way to the bed in a .... worried expression ?

"Young bakugo !! Please relax yourself, you are in safe hands!!" A tall adult with a whitecoat patiently patted the end of the bed, clearly unsure on what to do in this situation. If bakugo was anything, he was a sceptic to the human mask. A very diligent one at that. No way was he going to believe some douchebag with a notepad and glasses telling him he was safe, just because of his nervous but polite smile. Especially after the torment he had just endured. But in a way, he has always been like that. Why ? He had no idea, it's not like being a sceptic has done him a world of good. Logical, some would call it being logical, but he had found that it had previously only set him back, so who was he to judge the guy or not. Nevertheless, he growled, he hissed, like an irate stray cat, the last one out of the 'take me' box.

"How do I know you are telling the truth !! This could all be a trick !!" He spat, the illogical side of him fizzled out, remembering the maltreatment he had just previously experienced. The man took a step back, evaluated the situation from a distance and smiled. "Well you can hear me, can't you? If we were the same people who took your hearing away, why would we give it back ?" He said patiently, tapping his sterilised pen on the hard surface of his clipboard. Bakugo watched as the world around him started to build itself. His panicked state prevented bakugo to see the bigger picture, as he finally saw a familiar looking hospital room. He was surrounded by beeping machines, and a small but effective clock hanged on the wall opposite, next to some ugly hospital painting of a fruit bowl. However, the most important thing was that he could hear.... he could actually hear. Sure it hurt like hell, but he could hear voices, he could hear the beeping beside him, the clock ticking away and the impatient pen tapping on the edge. He could hear it all.

His face was in complete disarray, scrambling and sampling each and every sound he could reach. His shocked expression, as well as the now calmed down demeanour he seemed to display, caused the doctor to sigh with relief, yearning a quick and sudden stare from the fragile teenager. "It's probably easier if I just let him explain this, I'll be back soon to take tests." He said, waving his disturbingly triggering white latex gloves in a friendly demeanour as he slowly exited the room, being careful not to cause sudden distress. Bakugo just watched the doctor leave, feeling the anxiety of a new face to appear at the door. However, his eyes widened when he wasn't met with a new face... but a very old and recognisable face he didn't believe he would miss.