Chapter 6: Compassion

Aziel and I went inside the house after I talk to Bright. Bright's reaction was very unusual. He slowly nodded like he's taking time to process things before actually going back to his car parked not so far from our gate.

I also asked Aziel to get his big bike inside the gate so we can rest assure that it's safe.

"Did you have dinner already?" I started a conversation with Aziel. I don't even know why he's all worked up to come here.

"Not yet." he smiled shyly as he scratched the back of his neck. "Sorry I have to come here this late. I was really worried about you." he confessed and I smiled at his statement.

I'm actually feeling a little better now. At least I'm fighting this matter based on legalities and not some bullshit post.

"That's fine. I actually need a friend to talk to. I don't have anyone to talk my issues out." I smiled sadly before going to our fridge to get something to eat.

I saw the lasagna Saint and I ordered when we decided to eat dinner earlier tonight. I sliced some for me to eat tomorrow but I guess I have to let Aziel eat this.

"Do you eat lasagna or you're on a diet?" I asked, quite teasing him because of his bulky figure. Well he's not bad himself.

He has a toned body that women or should I say gay men would die for, a chiseled jaw, prominent nose, tantalizing eyes, not so pouty lips and a properly shaved face- not a single trace of facial hair.

"I can eat whatever you can offer." he raised his eyebrow and wiggled them a little.

"Stop flirting." I hissed and pouted while getting the lasagna. I placed it inside the microwave and started reheating it. "Sorry I can't offer you that much. Our cooks are already asleep."

"It's fine Win. I didn't go here to eat." he smiled and rest his chin on the back of hand. "So are you sure you can go to class tomorrow?"

"Aziel, I may be younger than you but I'm not weak. Also, I wasn't sick, I was just drunk last night." I answered directly but there's still humor in his eyes.

The microwave rang, telling me that the food is done reheating.

I assembled a place mat for Aziel and slowly put a plate and a pair of utensils. I slowly placed the lasagna in front of him and he already looked famish. Of course, it's pretty late now and he hasn't taken a single bite of food.

"Help yourself. I'll get you something to drink." I quietly said and I noticed how he look at me like I'm some sort of endangered specie.

I let him eat while we're talking. I assured him that everything is fine. That I can handle anything that can happen tomorrow but he won't just stop. He can't be assured because for all I know, he knows how homophobic people work. He knows how hard it is to have this issue.

When he finished eating, I took the liberty to take his plate and put it in the sink. I sighed, letting all my thoughts go about tomorrow and started washing the dishes.

Why would I worry for something that is yet to happen? Maybe tomorrow everything will be as quiet as it is before.

I heaved another sigh again while scrubbing the plate with a sponge.

Suddenly, I felt warm hands encircled from my back up to my abdomen. I looked at it and saw Aziel resting his chin on my shoulder.

"A-Aziel-"

"I'm sorry." he whispered and felt his hot breath below my ear.

I faked a laugh just to hide my nervousness before speaking,