Chapter 32: The Old Metawin

I've been busy the whole week with our lingerie business. LXM has been doing really good since it was launched years ago. I handled everything for the time being as Luke went to his photo shoots for the projects he have as of the moment. I've decided to focus more on my business and let Mom and Dad handle theirs because I can't really tell if Dad's business will go down the drain - given its status and it even reached the headlines of big broadcasting stations.

This week has been hell for Dad because he immediately sold three of his properties plus a private island in the Philippines. Dad has been investing more on land properties and I must say that he got quite a lot but if this issue about his company having substandard materials would continue, then more likely his clients would back out from doing projects with him.

This is not a good time to play around because the situation my family is in right now is not the same as to how we maintained and lived for the past years; extravagant and money was never an issue.

It was like a reality call for me to work harder than I ever did. As much as the connections with other people help, they can also ruin one's reputation and business in just a snap of a finger. Besides, they are friends and competitors in the business as well.

I heaved a sigh as I stared at the products that are ready for shipping. I helped my employees check every single one of them to make sure the quantity is enough.

The business focused on women's lingerie for now because we still can't compete with high end brands that can take high levels of risks without losing that much. I still can't believe we are doing well than expected. In the near future, I'm thinking that maybe we can release undergarments for men as well but that would take time. We still need to see if the plan is feasible.

"Sir these are all the products that are in the purchase order. The delivery service is also waiting outside for these." said the supervisor in packaging and I nod my head to give him the go signal.

I watched them as they carry one box after another to dispatch everything that is needed for the delivery. It didn't take much time before we finished and I head back to my office.

I checked my phone to see if someone texted and I saw a message from Luke and one from an unknown number - I opened Luke's message first.

From: Luke

Babe, how are the deliveries and production going?

I quickly typed a reply.

To: Luke

It's done. Production is still on going for the second and last batch of our collection.

I pressed sent and close his message before taking a look at the unregistered number that sent me a message.

From: ****

Congratulations! You have won three hundred thousand dollars for the lucky draw of today's lotto. Please reply with your complete name and address/working address to redeem your prize!

My forehead creased at the unusual message and decided to ignore it. It's probably one of those scam messages.

I was just about to place my phone back on the table when it rang displaying the unregistered number I just ignored.

I canceled the call but it kept on ringing one after another! I'm going to really mutter a curse once I answer this.

I quickly answered it and shouted.

"If you don't have better things to do, then shove your ping-pong balls inside your anus!"

"Baby I can't do that..." a lazy drawled answered me and it dawned at me who the hell would do this. Of course!