Chapter 12: My Little Devil

Luna left the room with a sarcastic smile on her face. I slapped the ill feeling inside me as I sat on the couch adjacent to Bright. Bright on the other hand was quiet for a long time. I know he's looking at me but I just can't talk... not like this.

I don't want to lash out on him just because some other girl came over and said that Bright stood her up. It's none of my business anyway. Bright came from a very... normal life. He lived a normal life for a guy and suddenly, according to him, he now likes me more than the girls he's been with.

I heard him heaved a sigh while I'm playing with my phone. I guess he's just waiting for the crew to finish the setup.

"Is my Metawin mad at me?" he softly asked as he sat beside me.

I didn't say anything. I don't even know how to respond. Am I mad at him? Do I even have the right to be mad at him? We know we like each other but what do we do with that information?

Does liking someone enough to have him the right to be called as your boyfriend?

"Win..." he said once again as he snaked his arms around my waist locking me up while his chin rested on my shoulder. "I'm sorry..."

I nervously laughed and shook my head.

"Why are you apologizing? I'm not mad." I lied and he pouted.

"You are." he stated but I shook my head. "Win come on... I didn't know she will act like that. I promised myself to spend time with you and take things seriously. I am not confused anymore not like before." he confessed and caught my attention.

"W-What are you saying?" I asked, now curious about his reasons.

The curious cat in me is playing again!

He let me face him properly before speaking.

"I-I have been very... interested in you since we met." he started and I instantly shook my head.

"You're lying!" I sarcastically smiled and he shook his head.

"I am not. The time you bugged me while I was sleeping, you left a very clear impression to me. I was very annoyed yet curious at the same time when I see you at school. I-I don't know but I'm not always grumpy but when I am, I just hate the guts of that person..."

"Bright-" I tried to stop him but he cut me off. I am not ready for this!

"I know it's too fast and I know you're having a hard time believing me but so am I. These things are all new to me but when we first went for a dinner and you took my picture, I was very... happy." he smiled.

This one is very different from the previous smiles he have given me. This one is a genuine one. No humor or sarcasm intended at all.

"I'm sorry if you have to suffer like this. I-I lived a very playful life for years with the girls and I can't blame you if you can't trust me now or if you can't accept my past right away..."

"Bright..."

"But please do know that I'm willing to prove myself to you. I am serious about this. I'm serious about us." he softly said like I'm a precious stone he has to take care of or one wrong move and I'll be broken.

He slowly cupped my cheeks and planted a kiss on my forehead before smiling at me.

"I will always choose to silence your demons inside your head, Win. Please do not overthink." he seriously said.

"Overthink? Who? Me? When did I? Overthink my ass." I nervously said and tried to get off of his grip.

"My Metawin is shy..." so much for being sweet. He's now back in his playful self.