Chapter 51: Deprived

"Bright!" I shouted as I ran through the corridor and when I reached my office, I harshly turned the knob only to see him lying on the floor. "Fuck! Bright!"

My hands were trembling as I knelt on the floor and held his head to my lap.

"Baby please wake up!" I screamed and tapped his cheeks. I checked for any wounds, cut or any sign that he was harmed but I saw none. "Bright!"

"Sir what happened?" I heard one of my bodyguards asked.

"Where were you guys?" I shouted and I saw how their eyes widened.

"We were downstairs sir and two of us went for lunch."

"Secure the whole building! Alert the police about what happened here. Take a picture of the note that was written in the comfort room at the end of the hall. Check the CCTVs! I want to know who did this!"

"Right away sir." one of them answered. "Paul stay here with sir Metawin." the other guy nodded and they all did their job.

"Bright..." my heart is racing so fast and I don't know what to do anymore. "Bright please wake up!"

I heard him groan when I tapped his cheeks harder and his eyes flicked open.

"Thank goodness you're okay!" I let out a sigh of relief before he sat and touched the back of his head.

"What happened?" he asked.

"I should be the one asking you that Bright! What happened to you? Why are you lying on the floor?"

His forehead creased as he tried to stand but he failed. I held his arm and hooked it up around my shoulder before I pulled him up. I let him sat on the couch and I immediately took the phone to call my secretary.

"Please bring me a bag of ice." I shortly said and dropped the call. "Bright what happened?"

"I-I don't know Win..." he groaned as he touched the back of his head. "The only thing I remember is that I felt a sharp pain at the back of my head then I lost consciousness then I saw you."

"Shit!" I hissed and ran my fingers through my hair. "Paul, ask the guys if they found any trace of the trespasser here. I need all the details."

"Yes sir." he answered before he talks to them with his radio thing.

The ice bag came right away with my secretary and I immediately placed it on Bright's head.

"We really need to catch whoever did this to you Bright." I said in gritted teeth as something inside me ignited.

"Baby I'm fine... just let the authorities do their job."

"Bright nothing is happening and it's been months!" I hissed and bit my lip. "I have to tell you something but I want to make sure that you are okay now before I tell you."

He heaved a sigh before nodding. It took him a couple of minutes before he faced me again with a smile on his face like nothing happened.

"I'm okay now."

It took me a while to take in our situation. This isn't normal anymore. Having someone that wants me dead is enough struggle for me already but having that person target both of us is another issue.

"Bright we have to work on this seriously. We have been leaving this case to the authorities and nothing is happening." I started and he sat there listening intently to me. "I saw a note earlier in the comfort room when I told you to go ahead to my office. The note is written with blood and it says the person hates it when I smile at you so he should kill you instead."