Chapter 8: Suitor

I didn't pay much attention to Bright for the whole trip. I didn't even dare to ask why he's so early for school. It's not that I wasn't in the mood to talk. I was just baffled because of his last words before we get going.

Why would he say that? Why would he wish me to be single and for what reason?

It didn't take us long until we reach the university. I saw a few students in the building but I bet they are early for their 7am class.

We still have two hours before class starts. Now I'm already thinking where will I stay to pass some time.

"Did you eat breakfast already?" asked Bright in a cold tone. I didn't even look at him when I said no. "Let's grab something to eat." he said like it was a law I have to follow.

"I have other things to do. Thanks for the ride bro." I slipped the last words intentionally just so he takes the hint that I am not okay with him being around.

I just want to rest and stay away from anything or anyone that can hurt me.

I went out of his car but he immediately caught up to me. He took my bag away from me as he tugged my arm to start walking.

"Bright I have to do things-"

"Okay Win, we'll just eat first."

"Bright-"

"Can't you just listen to me for once? We have to eat! I need you to eat, okay?" his voice sounded so tired like his patience is wearing thin.

I heaved a sigh and nodded. I guess I do really need to eat. I didn't eat last night until today. As much as I wanted to avoid people, I also need to take care of myself.

We arrived in the cafeteria. Girls immediately looked at Bright like he's some sort of rare specimen from a laboratory.

I ignored their fishy stares towards me and decided to sit at the last table in the corner. I saw how Bright look at me like I'm doing something weird.

I just don't want more attention than I already have.

"What do you want to eat?" he softly asked while he place his bag and mine in a chair.

"I can get my own food-"

"Win," he breathed like he's trying to stop himself from saying something. "What do you want to eat? I'll get it for you."

"Bright let's not pretend that we're okay. I don't want to bother you and besides, I don't like you to have an issue with me because I'm gay."

Now it sounded so normal to admit that I am indeed gay.

"The hell I care what they think." he clenched his jaw before throwing the people who are staring at us a deadly look. "Is it your first time to see two guys talking? What's your problem?" his voice enveloped the whiole cafeteria.

"Bright!" I quickly whispered before tugging his arm and letting him sit in front of me. "Stop with the arguing, please... I don't want any more attention." I pleaded and I noticed how he didn't even flinch when I said that.

I saw him swallowed the lump in his throat before nodding. He smiled at me, this time, I can't distinguish if it's a genuine smile or a smile of apology.

He didn't say anything when he stood up to get us some food.

Bright came back holding a plate of pancake with bacon and eggs on his left hand while on his right is a plate full of fruits and a bowl of caesar salad.

He quietly placed the plates down before sitting in front of me. He looked at me before offering me both of the plates.

"I don't know what you like so I decided to go with a safe dish. Choose one and I'll eat what you don't like." he bit his lip before getting up again to get us drinks.