Chapter 46: I Will Keep Him

Bright and I have been pretty busy lately. He's on a trip abroad with his co-models in his international agency and they are shooting for different brands and will be in different fashion shows around the world. Me on the other hand is now focusing on the branch out of my own business and I just hope that it will be a success.

I never realized that my brand is that well-known, not until I came here and saw how some of my social friends are wearing them, either in a photo they took that morning with just their lingerie on or even our swimsuit collection that we released last year.

It's very satisfying to see people enjoy the things that you worked hard for. There's just something sweet in every pictures I see in their accounts with my product on them. Maybe the greatest goal in life is to appreciate yourself and what you have before others appreciate you.

I looked at my watch and it's 3 o'clock in the afternoon already. I stretched my arms as I looked at my laptop and felt satisfied with the work load I finished today.

I decided to go to my room to take a bath when I felt my head spinning. I held onto the table as I tried to calm myself down and closed my eyes for a while. I have been feeling really heavy nowadays.

Since Bright went abroad for two weeks now, I'm feeling really heavy and ill for days. My muscles are aching and I also have a sore throat. I guess I could should go to a doctor later or maybe tomorrow if I still have time after my meeting with the board via video call.

I also experienced this kind of feeling when I was in states and Luke even took care of me for a week because my fever has been coming back after a day or two of being well. I never paid attention to any of my sickness and I need not see a doctor because I think it's the effect of my working too hard.

I've been pretty busy when I was in states and I barely had a good sleep for years. I got proper sleep way back then when I was either drunk or got nothing to do for a whole week.

When my dizziness stopped, I went on my way to my room to take a shower and call Bright later after I finish.

It took me half an hour to finish cleaning myself. I got myself a shirt and a pair of boxers as I went to my bed to grab my phone and lay down.

I tapped his name on my contact list as I tried to call him after a long day. It didn't take long before he answered it.

"Hey baby." he said in his bedroom voice and I saw that he's topless while lying in bed.

"Did I wake you up?" I asked and he shook his head.

"Not really. I just woke up a few minutes ago and was waiting for you to call." he gave me a smile and got up from his bed to sit down. "Are you sick?" he asked and that made my forehead creased.

"No I'm not, why?"

"You look really pale."

I know Bright is really observant when it comes to me but I never thought he will notice such small details.

I heaved a sigh and smiled at him.

"I'm just feeling a bit dizzy these days and my throat hurts but you don't have to worry. I've been like this since I was in states. Over fatigue I guess." I coolly replied.

"Are you sure? You should go see a doctor baby. That might be serious if it's recurring every now and then."

I shook my head.

"It's not really recurring. I'm just like this if I'm too tired but okay, I will go see a doctor tomorrow." I assured him and the worried look in his face slowly faded.

"Please promise me that you will. I'm away from you, I can't rush back there in just a snap."

I laughed at him and assured him that everything's fine.