Chapter 31: Want

I tried to ignore his words as I talked with the staff and worked on every little detail of the after party. Guests haven't arrived yet but I know they will be here soon.

I walked around the place as I supervised everything and made sure all is fine before settling my bag in one of the couches upstairs. I sighed as I massaged my head because I've been talking and thinking a lot since last week - work stuff and now Bright gave me information that I'm not sure if my system ever needed. Well I needed his explanation but not the part that he said that I'm single and I can flirt at the same time! What does that even mean? Also, I don't really believe that he can breakoff his engagement with that lunatic; for all I know, the woman was a leech reincarnated.

I rest my head on the headrest of the couch but then my phone rang. It displayed Steph's name and I quickly picked it up; she's Luke's secretary in our own small business.

Three years ago when I met Luke, he has this idea in mind to start a business of lingerie. I was skeptical at first because the competition in the market isn't worth the risk. The time, energy and money we have to put in that business could be put inside a trash bin if one thing goes wrong. I mean, starting a business of lingerie would only mean competing with the biggest brands and it will eventually fail but Luke was a very optimistic and business minded man.

He told me that we could start a small business for now and do a few collections and let our connections within the industry work. This is where all the social gatherings and chattering with social butterflies came in. I told Mom about this and she gladly agreed with our idea. She helped us all the way until we managed to build a small shop for the business while Dad let us use one of his lots for this. Mom also spread the word within her social circle and it is with no doubt effective as elites from here and even in Thailand tried our product when mom first introduced it to the public.

It's been three years since it was built and I can say that it's working really well. Luke has more time between us two so I let him handle the business while I do the funding more than him. Also I can do other things in my mom and father's businesses. It was really tiring and anyone that has known my daily routine would feel exhausted just by hearing about this.

Luke is more into the process of the lingerie from the supplies, designing, tailoring, quality control, down to the packaging. He also took a product design course for this and I'm just glad that he's not the typical guy who settles on being a photographer alone.

"Hello Steph?" I started.

"Hi sir, sorry to call you this late. I just have to inform you that I can't go to the office tomorrow because my daughter is sick and no one is going to look after her. Is it okay if I take a leave for a day or two?"

I gently heaved a sigh before nodding. Steph has been with us for quite some time now and I know her work is very hectic--given that our business is slowly growing.

"Sure Steph but can you send me all the scheduled deliveries and other details for tomorrow's work? I'm probably free for the whole week after this event."

"Thank you sir! Yes, I will send it right away. Sorry I had to call you... sir Luke is in a shoot for the whole day and left all the decision making with the supervisor so I can't really call him."

"It's totally fine just send me the details..." I said and saw a man walking towards me. There I saw Bright holding a plate full of food and a drink. I heaved a sigh and shook my head. "I have to go Steph. Thanks." I finally said as I dropped the call.

I leaned my back on the couch as I looked at Bright who placed the food in front of me.

"What's that?" I asked and closed my eyes. My head is kind of aching.