Chapter 34: Mistake

A ticklish feeling made its way to my neck that made me opened my eyes. There I saw a sleeping Vachirawit--shirtless while his arms enveloped me in for a hug.

I unconsciously smiled as I felt the familiar feeling of him being around.

I slept with different men when I left him, hoping that they will fulfill the hollowness inside me but no one has done it better than him. I went around from clubs to famous bars only to find myself a hookup for that particular night. I've been accustomed with how teenagers in states do it and it is really convenient - no feelings involved would only mean less responsibility.

But that was not the case for me. I've been saying all this time how I moved on from my past relationship but I barely moved from the place where I once thought I've already long forgotten.

I was not happy with the moments I spent with the guys I've been with. It's saddening to see people turned to someone they promised they never would and I'm one of those people. I promised not to play with people's feelings but I ended up doing it just because I was hurt. I lead people - giving them hope that there is a possibility for us but in fact, all along I know that there isn't.

I heaved a sigh as I slowly pulled his arms away from me so I can get off the bed. He groaned when I finally managed to get his hands off me and I smiled at the sight of him sleeping with that same arrogant expression - forehead creased and pouted lips.

I took our used clothes from last night and decided to put them in the hamper when I heard his phone rang inside the bedside drawer.

I immediately looked at him as I opened the drawer to see who's calling him early in the morning. It displayed Luna's name and an evil thought crossed my mind.

I bit my lip as I thought of answering it just to get back at this bitch for messing with me but on the other hand, Bright might be displeased after I stir up some confusion with his... well, ex-fiance.

In the end I decided not to answer it when it finally stopped. I placed the phone back in the drawer when it rang again.

Well, I think it is really destined for me to answer. Hihi!

With a satisfied smile on my face, I swiped on the screen as I placed it on my ear.

"Bright! Thank goodness you answered! Can't we at least talk? You can't do this to me! We can't call off the engagement! Your father will cause chaos! Please talk to me..."

"Hey uhm... Bright is sleeping as of the moment. He got... tired last night. May I know who's this?" I asked and the silence that enveloped the other line told me that this is not going to end well. Let me give you the taste of your own medicine.

"W-What... who's this!?" she shouted and I almost laughed but I tried not to. "Are you one of his friends there? Can you tell him to call his fiancé once he wakes up?"

I scoffed and smirked at her words.

"Fiance? But miss, your phone number isn't registered in his contacts. May I know your name so I can tell him that you called?"

"Who the hell is this?" she screamed and I almost laughed out loud if only I didn't cover my mouth. "Tell your friend to call me once he's awake!"

"Fine. I'll tell my boyfriend that you called." I bit my lip to suppress my laugh as I shook my head because this is getting too interesting.

"B-Boyfriend? Excuse me!? My fiancé isn't gay!" she screamed. She never grew up... she still acts and talks like a child.

"Says who?" I can't contain it anymore. I giggled as I imagined her getting all worked up because of this phone call. "Fine I'll tell him that a crazy girl called him. I have to go... I have to cook for our breakfast."