Chapter 44: Basketball

We got out of the bathroom and quickly dressed up for breakfast. Bright was very clingy the whole time we're getting ourselves dressed and he kept on complaining how big I am for his cave. Well it's not like I always have the chance to do that.

I smirked as I enjoyed my private joke before he took my hand so we can go downstairs.

Our hairs are still damp when we got out of the room and immediately went for the dining area. There we saw my parents and Saint eating as they laughed at a certain topic.

"Finally, the lovers are out." Saint teasingly said as he saw us walking towards the table.

I pouted and I noticed how my parents looked at our intertwined hands and smiled at me like I was caught stealing money from them.

Bright and I sat beside Saint and I heard the clearing of the throat from my Dad as he smiled at us.

"You guys were very... loud, last night." Dad bluntly said and my eyes widened. He heard us!?

"Mike!" Mom scowled at him and Dad immediately laughed while Saint looked at me with pure amusement in his eyes.

"Dad please stop teasing..." I pleaded and he pouted like I'm a boomer in a party for spoiling the fun.

"Metawin don't mind your Dad. He's snoring last night and we didn't even hear a thud." Mom rolled her eyes at Dad and gave him a piece of bread. "Stuff your mouth with food so you can stop talking!"

"My wife is very harsh. Sorry about that Bright." Dad playfully said and my Mom looked at him with so much annoyance.

"I don't even know why I married you. I suddenly forgot the reason."

"Wow!" Dad loudly said as he faced mom. "You were head over heels for me if you don't remember Wilhelmina."

Mom raised her eyebrow and silently drank her tea before answering.

"I was wearing heels but my head is on a different direction."

Savage! Classy, bougie, ratchet!

We started eating and I told Bright not to mind my parents at all. They have been always like this; it's either they are on the phone talking about business or they will talk to me about silly things, and now that Bright and Saint is with us, the more they became more chaotic than ever.

"I don't like that." Bright refused the vegetables I gave him.

"Hmm? You don't like broccoli?" I asked and he cutely shook his head. "How about the beans over there?" I tried and he shook his head again.

"I don't like vegetables." he pouted as he said that in a whisper. He shyly smiled at me as I heaved a sigh and looked at him with so much amusement.

Now I realized how little knowledge we have about each other. I didn't even know that he doesn't eat vegetables.

"You're like a kid." I softly said and he shrugged.

"I don't like them. I just like you."

I can't help but to roll my eyes and decided to give him other dishes that don't have veggies in it. For all I know, he'll starve himself if I'll let him eat something that he doesn't want.

"Don't you guys know the word space?" Saint gently said and as we both looked at him, we also noticed how my parents look at us like we are a newly discovered species.

"Why are you looking at us?" I can't help but ask and my mom heaved a sigh before clasping her hand together.

"We're just not used to see you smiling while you dine with us. You look so happy now, son." Mom said and I can sense my man looking at me.