Chapter 48: Tell Him

I shivered as I felt coldness crawling from my feet up to my body. My tired eyes flicked open only to see a white ceiling. I tried to move my arms but I can't - it's like my energy has been trained and I don't even know why.

I turned my head only to see Bright holding my hand as his head faced down. He's soundly sleeping and I know he didn't have the chance to rest for the whole day because he wanted to support me.

Even when my arms felt tired, I still tried to reach for him and gently caressed his hair. I heard a soft groan from him and the next thing I know is his eyes are now directed to me.

"Hey..." he softly said as he stood up to touch my face. "How are you feeling my bunny?" concern was evident in his voice.

"Fine." I hoarsely said and felt the dryness of my throat.

"Do you want something?" he asked and I nodded.

"Water please." I weakly said and he quickly moved as he got a bottle of water inside the fridge and put a straw in it.

He went to me and let me take a sip. I drank and I almost finished the entire bottle. I felt so thirsty and again, I don't know why.

"I'll call someone from outside, okay?" he softly said and I let him do it.

It took a few minutes before a nurse came inside the room and checked the IV that was connected to me. She adjusted something in it and quietly excused herself to take my temperature together with the sphygmomanometer to check my blood pressure. It took a minute or two before she properly faced us two.

"Your vitals are normal sir but you still have a high fever. However, may I ask if you feel any pain as of the moment?" the nurse said.

"I'm feeling like my sore throat is getting worse and my head is also pounding..." I bit my lip as I assessed myself. "Also my body feels so heavy and my muscles are also aching."

The nurse nodded and wrote everything in her chart.

"Your doctor has left the hospital but doc said to stay here for the night and he will check on you first day in the morning. Also, your test results will arrive tomorrow morning but we need you to give us a sample of your urine for the test."

I gladly obliged and Bright slowly guided me to the comfort room with the bottle for the urine test in his hand. He gave it to me as he left me inside.

I took a sample and filled the bottle before closing it. I went out of the comfort room and Bright immediately ushered me back to my bed. He gave the sample to the nurse and she labeled it before putting in her small basket for things they take or bring with them I guess.

"For now, please take a rest and don't move just yet." she smiled and asked if we have any more questions. Once it's all clear, she excused herself as she went out of the room.

"Win you got me so worried." Bright started and I weakly smiled at him.

"I'm sorry." I tried to speak but my throat hurts even more.

"Hush baby... you don't have to be sorry about anything, okay? Just rest." he patiently said and pulled the blanket until it reached my chin. "You worked too hard that's why your body gave up. You need rest, okay?"

I nodded and let him have his way.

"I also told mom and dad about this." he said and my eyebrows shot up as I met his gaze. "I told your Dad not to worry and I will take care of everything. He has an appointment with a supplier so I told him you'll understand; same with your mom." my eyes never let him as thoughts flooded my mind. "What?"