How to ride a bike

Although Yunho had seen the house he hadn't really explored the area around there, on the off chance that someone might actually live there scold him for being in their garden if this place was real and not a dream, that and the fact that everything became messy and hazy if he even made intentions of going to it. It had been easier to hide in the forest of trees than to go to the house.

Sure enough once Yunho and Yeosang had made it up the hill in between the forest of trees, the grounds just adjacent to the upper yard space that held the traditional style home were completely flat and better yet the ground was paved in a swirl of pavers.

Once again the two boys were standing either side of the bike, but now in the centre of the paved space.

"So!" Yunho began, grabbing Yeosang's attention away from the bike and to his face "Where I'm from, Gwangju, we ride our bikes everywhere, all my friends have bikes like this. Since we're soulmates you should have a bike like this too" Yunho said, playing the soulmate card.

Yunho hoped if he could just get the smaller on the bike then perhaps he'd stop acting like a child.

"Do you and your friends like riding bikes?" Yunho asked

Yeosang only shrugged in answer causing Yunho to frown.

"You should get on" Yunho prompted, continuing with his plan.

Yeosang shook his head vigorously and took a step backwards. "It's too high"

"No it's not. Look, the handlebars only come up just above our waists" Yunho said as he measured the bike against his body.

Yeosang continued to shake his head and took another step back.

"Maybe if he sees me ride he'll want to ride" Yunho thought as he stroked his non-existent beard and stared between the smaller and the bike.

With that Yunho hopped on the bike demonstrating how easy and effortless riding was.

Kicking the bike stand and kicking off with his left foot Yunho set forth doing a lap around the yard space.

Yeosang's scared face washed away and once again turned into amazement.

Yeosang clapped his hands as Yunho circled his bike around the smaller. "You're so good!" he cheered as Yunho came to a stop.

Yunho jumped off and tapped the bike seat "It's not hard! If I can do it you can too!"

Frustratingly Yeosang shook his head once again.

"At least sit on the seat, I bet you can do that at least"

Yeosang visibly bit his lip "That doesn't sound too h-hard . ." he hiccupped

"You'll be fine"

step

"I'm right here"

step

"I'll catch you if you fall"

step

"I promise"

Yunho stuck out his pinkie as Yeosang finally reached, and grabbed the handle of the bike.

Yeosang took Yunho's pinkie in his and the two boys stamped their thumbs, Yunho sealing a promise to keep Yeosang safe and too look out for him.

Yunho moved back a little, giving Yeosang room to swing his leg over and hop on the bike.

Within seconds Yeosang was sitting on the bike and smiling again.

Yunho swore Yeosang's mood went up and down like a roller coaster.