How It Happened

: Warning :

If this chapter makes you feel uncomfortable at any point feel free to skip it. I know for some of you it may be confronting.

Mr. Kang was driving, Mrs. Kang in the passenger seat and Yeosang in the back middle seat, strapped in tightly to his booster chair that he still had to use because he was so small.

The music was playing and everyone was singing. Yeosang was still gripping on tightly to his certificate, like it was glued to his hand.

The Kang's were merely 5 minutes away when everything went horribly wrong.

Just as Mr. Kang had suggested it began to rain. The tears of the sky coming down thicker and thicker until it was pouring down rain. The mist of the rain embracing the mountain side and making it hard to see.

It made the roads wet and slippery, and caused the tires to roll and slide, making the car hard to control as it travelled up the steep windy narrow road that was almost like a river in some parts.

Mrs. Kang's stomach did a flip at seeing the steep cliff between clouds that were surrounding the mountain out her side of the window.

Mr. Kang approached a sharp corner, a little faster that he should have considering the rain, hugging the edge of the road in case there were any cars coming the opposite direction.

"You're a bit close honey" Mrs. Kang said in a nervous voice as Mr. Kang veered the corner with a screech and rain thundered down on the cars roof.

But Mr. Kang went too close to the edge, the front wheel rolling on gravel and stone that was slick with rain, disrupting the already unstable ground beneath the cars tyres.

The combination of being so close to the edge, this horrid rain and the unstable ground of the mountain road was a recipe for disaster, and by the time Mr. Kang realised that they were too close to the edge it was too late and the car was slipping off the edge of the steep mountain cliff.

Mrs. Kang in a spilt second turned around in her seat telling Yeosang everything would be fine in the most calm voice she could, while Mr. Kang tried to reverse the car but to no avail. With each roll of the tyres the car shifted more and more to the side.

"We're going to play a game, It's called Nobody Move, ok Yeo Yeo? You have to stay as still and as quiet as possible, while Mummy and Daddy talk ok?"

Yeosang nodded his head, he loved games.

Yeosang's parents both muttered things under their breath, trying not to alarm their son who meant the world to the both of them.

"Can you open your door?" Mrs. Kang said in a hushed and panicked tone, too quiet for Yeosang to hear over the rain.

Mr. Kang went to reach for his door but the car shifted ever so slightly making both himself and Mrs. Kang gasp. He shook his head.

"What about the back doors? Yeo could climb out the window, he'll be fine, we'll be fine"

Mr Kang carefully turned his body to look at Yeosang in the back, he was happily staring at his certificate "How do we get him out of his seat? If we move the car moves!"

Mr. and Mrs. Kang were both holding their breath. A huge thunder clap reverberated through the car.

Yeosang jumped in his seat.

"It'll be fine Yeo Yeo" Yeosang's mum reassured quickly, Yeosang thought this to be a strange, interesting game and he wasn't quite understanding what was happening or why the car was falling sideways or why the view outside his window suddenly looked so scary and tilted.

It was all part of the game . .right?

The car shifted a little further and Mr. and Mrs. Kang linked their hands together and passed a sad knowing glance between each other.

And just like that the car was plummeting of the cliff.

Yeosang was scared as his mother shrieked and his father screamed in terror and then the world outside the car began to spin like teddy did when he went for a bath in the washing machine. . .around and around and around.

Everything was loud, too loud.

The world was crashing around him.

The seat belt was hurting Yeosang and Yeosang began to scream along with his parents as he was rolled upwards and sideways at an alarming speed.

He watched in a blur as his father somehow came out of his seat belt and his body hit the roof of the car going limp like the neighbours rag-doll cat when Yeosang picked him up.

Yeosang heard an ear shattering sound as a tree smashed through the window attacking his mother, and shards of glass flying everywhere, painting the car red.

Yeosang's world was still spinning at an alarming speed, he felt like the painful ride was never ending. He had let go of his certificate and was desperate to get it back, he began to strugle at his restraints. He was sure if he could just get free then he could get his certificate and everything would be fine.

Just before the car landed completely at the bottom, putting an end to the horrible ride, Yeosang pulled on his seat belt, a little click sounding to show that he was free. But as he became free he realised his mistake and he fell upwards, his head meeting the roof of the car in a sharp painful crack.

And with that Yeosang's world went black and his world was never the same again.

~¤~