Taking care of Things

Yunho felt calm and happy as he saw Yeosang relax into Eden's arms after a moment of being tense.

Yunho could just tell that Yeosang had remembered, he wasn't sure what, but something had definitely clicked, it was evident in the way that Yeosang tightened his grip on the hug he was sharing with his cousin.

As Yeosang became adjusted and comfortable in this world Yunho knew the younger would have questions, he just hoped that the younger could survive the answers.

Surely enough after Yeosang and Eden had hugged, and Eden had officially introduced him to his wife and explained how their daughter was inside, Yeosang asked about his parents, and he asked why Eden's family were living in his house and not his parents.

Eden, Taeyeon and Yunho had all looked at each other knowingly.

He'd find out about them eventually, he had to know.

They all relocated inside and Yeosang marvelled at the inside of his house, running his fingers over the walls with a sense of familiarity.

It was as if memories were coming back, the shadow of their existence hiding in the depths of Yeosang's mind. It did make Yunho wonder what else the younger might remember; he wished only happy memories to come back to the younger.

Eden, Yunho and Yeosang all sat down in the family room, while Taeyeon went to check on her and Eden's daughter.

Yunho found it strange to finally be inside Yeosang's house, it had always been so close, but yet forever out of his reach.

The family room was a comforting room; a stone fire place sat centre on one side of the room with pictures sprung all over the walls, there was a huge window looking out to the yard on another wall, and in the centre was an ornate rug, an oak coloured coffee table and two adjacent sofas.

Yunho felt happy at seeing Yeosang relaxing. That in such a short amount of time he had remembered and accepted Eden, someone the younger hadn't seen or be able to recall in years.

Yunho and Yeosang sat on one of the sofas and Eden the other.

Yunho took Yeosang's hand in his, and once again just like Eden had done for Yunho only moments earlier, he explained everything to Yeosang.

Yeosang didn't move or speak or ask questions, he just listened with silent tears and gripped onto Yunho's hand as Eden explained the afternoon of the accident and how his parents passed away leaving Yeosang as the sole survivor and an orphan.

Yeosang was coming to terms now and understanding why it was that he had no recollection of the real world while he was with Yunho in their dreams, and also coming to grips that although some memories may return like they had already that maybe not everything would come back.

Yeosang was ok with that. He understood that although there were things he needed to know, that it was probably best some thing's stay in the past.

Eden explained how Yeosang was after the accident and how his (Eden's) parents had dedicated their life to look after Yeosang while he was in his fragile and broken state, and how when they had gotten old, how him and his wife had taken up looking after Yeosang.

Yeosang didn't say it out loud but he felt like he was a burden on their lives, but he was also so very grateful that they had accepted a burden such as himself.

When Eden was done talking Yeosang stood up crossing over to the other sofa where Eden sat, and immediately took Eden in his arms.

"Thank you so much" Yeosang began as he sat back from his hug, "Thank you to you, Taeyeon, your parents, thank you so much for taking care of me out here" Yeosang gestured at the house around them "It must have been hard taking care of me, it must have been frustrating at times too, looking after me yourself. Thank you DeDe, thank you for staying in this home too because if I wasn't here than Yun may never have found me" Yeosang look over at Yunho with a gentle smile "Thank you too, for finding me"