Separation

"What's up" Yunho called at hearing the knock on the door, as he tightened the tap so the water had definitely stopped.

There was silence, prolonged silence and Yunho was beginning to wonder whether he was hearing things.

"Can I come in?"

It was muffled because of the door but Yunho definitely heard Yeosang loud and clear.

Yunho wondered why Yeosang wanted to come in? Did he need to use the toilet?

Yunho quickly grabbed his towel from the rack and wrapped it around his lower half.

Just because they were soulmates it didn't mean they were comfortable together in all situations and this situation for Yunho was definitely one of those moments that fell into the opposite category. Yeosang's proximity and his own nakedness was just too much of a strange combination.

Despite this, Yunho still felt his mouth moving, giving Yeosang an answer, "Um sure".

Yunho stayed behind the shower curtain as there was a click of the door opening, the shuffling of feet against the tiled floor and the closing of the door again.

"Yunho?" Yeosang called in a timid voice.

"Yes Sangie, You ok?" Yunho asked his heart going into overdrive.

He felt so bare at this very moment in time.

They may have touched each other and kissed in the dream world but they'd never shown each other their bodies. Yunho hadn't even seen Yeosang's stomach until he'd pulled out that ghastly tube out earlier today, and now his own body was practically naked, and Yeosang was barely a meter away.

Yunho could faintly make out Yeosang's form through the shower curtain.

There was more silence and then like a dramatic scene from a movie fingers appeared round the edge of the shower curtain and then the shower curtain was pulled back.

Yunho's heart thundered rapidly in his chest and a vibrant pink spread across his cheeks as he clutched his towel around his lower half and placed a hand over his chest, not that that achieved much but it was better than nothing.

But Yunho stopped panicking when he saw a tear drop from Yeosang's eye.

"Sangie what's wrong-oomth"

Yunho stumbled backwards literally and in words as Yeosang stepped forwards and buried his face against Yunho's chest, his arms slipping round his waist and pulling the taller into a tight hug. The feeling of Yeosang's skin on Yunho's untouched skin sent electric waves coursing through Yunho's body.

Yunho immediately responded wrapping his arms around the younger, even though he was now dripping water on him. Yunho hoped to god that his towel wouldn't fall off, he wasn't ready to show himself to Yeosang like that yet.

"Yeosang?" Yunho questioned as Yeosang shuddered against his body "Why are you crying?"

Had he remembered something from the accident? Yunho really wished those memories never came back.

"Y-you . ." Yeosang began.

Yunho ran a hand through his hair to calm him. Strands getting stuck between Yunho's wet fingers.

"Y-you were . .g-gone too long" Yeosang said, his eyes glued shut and his arms tightening.

"Shh, shh, I'm right hear Sang, I'm not going anywhere" Yunho comforted.

"You d-disappeared. . I l-looked up and you were g-gone . .you left me" Yeosang cried.

Separation was a hurdle Yunho could overcome, he'd been doing so for years, but Yeosang had never felt such a loneliness since the older had always been right by his side, helping him, and just being there for him. But now in a place so unfamiliar and foreign Yeosang had felt the slice of division and loneliness of not having the older by his side. Not knowing where Yunho was had scared him.

Years of Yunho building the younger's confidence couldn't prepare his delicate heart from the simple harsh reality of being apart from the one you love for even a second. His heart and soul had never needed or been apart from Yunho, even if the distance was only small, they had always been together within each other's sight.

It's at this very moment, as Yunho stood holding Yeosang in his arms, that he realised just how fragile the younger was and just how much the younger still had to grow to truly be himself in this big wide world that he had only just stepped foot into after years of solitude and confinement in his mind.

"I'm here, I'm not going anywhere I promise"

Yunho hated seeing Yeosang upset, it broke his heart, and it hurt even more knowing his absence was the reason why.

Yunho stood stroking Yeosang's hair and rubbing soothing circles against his back before gently and carefully pulling away.

"You ok now?" Yunho asked as he gripped Yeosang's waist.

Yeosang looked off to the side, avoiding Yunho's eyes.

"Sang, look at me"

At no movement from the younger Yunho quickly slipped his hand under his chin bringing his gaze back to his own again.

Once he had Yeosang's eyes on him he began to speak. "Sangie, I promise I'll never leave you ok, and If I have to, which I probably most likely will in the future I'll tell you, but you gotta stay strong ok? Although we may have to be apart because I'm taking a shower, or going to work, or maybe I'm just stepping out of the house, just know that I'll always come back to you. Always. I don't want you to be upset because I'm not around, because if you're upset then so am I and there's no need for tears because although we may be apart we will always be together soon"

Yeosang sniffled and nodded his head in understanding.

"Now how about we practice being apart just for a moment. . " Yeosang's eyes widened in a mixture of terror and shock " . .Because I need to put some clothes on and you don't need to see all of this just yet" Yunho smiled awkwardly as he gestured at his body.

Reality dawned on Yeosang's face as he took in Yunho's appearance, and a shy little side smile curved its way onto his lips, a humble reassurance that he was now ok.

Yeosang bobbed his head again, taking a final look up and down at Yunho before walking out the door.

~ ♡ ~