Sunsets & Moonlit Stars

A lavish expanse of glowing colour, radiant pinks and rich orange & red, spread across the sky as day turned to night. It was as if the sky was welcoming Yeosang home, embracing him in its entirety, and welcoming his full being back with open arms.

Yunho and Yeosang could feel the love both from each other and from Yeosang's family wrapping around them like a warm hug as the car travelled down the endless highway towards the city.

Yunho's heart was beating fast at knowing that at any moment Yeosang might remember something from his childhood and freak out. He hoped that wasn't the case though, he wanted only happiness for the younger. He also hoped that his soulmate power wouldn't for some reason reverse rendering Yeosang unconscious.

Yunho didn't want to relive seeing him so lifeless ever again.

But he also felt relaxed and giddy knowing that the Yeosang beside him was real and in the flesh. He was finally letting the fact sink in that Yeosang was here, he was his and no one else's, that he would now and always be by his side, and most importantly that he was coming home.

"You ok?" Yunho asked, briefly looking at Yeosang before looking out at the road ahead, two hand's on the steering wheel. It was a simple question that he should ask himself as well but he instead had directed at Yeosang.

Yeosang hummed in response, his eyes opening wide and then closing once more, absorbing the spectrum from the sky onto his skin. The younger had his arm out the window and was moving it about as if it were seaweed floating on a wave. The breeze from the motion of the car tousling his hair.

"You know . ." Yeosang began "It's been so long I'd almost forgotten that sunsets even existed, since we only ever met in the day time"

"I'd never really thought about that" Yunho said, eyes still on the road. He'd seen the beauty of the sky countless times, but for Yeosang in truth he hadn't witnessed something so lovely for a very long time, it had only ever been blue sunny skies.

"It's really rather beautiful" Yeosang stated with a peaceful sigh as he pulled his arm back in the car.

"Just like you" Yunho whispered as soft as the purr of wind against the car.

Yeosang still heard him and didn't deny the compliment, he just blushed instead and accepted it with a small "Thank you"

The pair drove in almost silence, the radio playing soft rock music, the hum of tyres against the road and the beating of their hearts in their ears, their only sounds.

Yunho wanted to allow Yeosang to enjoy the scenery. Even something as simple as a sunset was quite the experience for Yeosang.

By the time they were driving into the inner city, darkness had finally taken over the world, decorating the earth's sky in glittery stars.

They were almost at Yunho's apartment and Yeosang marvelled at all the tall and strange building's around him that lit up his eyes with a parade of glowing colours, and his ears with sounds of the night, the city's heart beating with the life of the people who live and pass through there.

"There are so many people" Yeosang said with a gasp.

Yunho chuckled to himself, Yeosang was like a child again, seeing everything with new and fresh eyes and Yunho found that kind of ironic since the first time they met Yeosang he was practically a child, and now as they meet once more for the first time in real life Yeosang was once again showing his childlike innocence.

"It is the city after all! Just wait till you see it during the day" Yunho said with a quick glance at Yeosang whom looked like he was about ready to climb out the car window if he weren't bound by the restraints of his seat belt. "You'll finally get to see all the places I've told you about, you can finally taste the food that I love, see and experience the places I love" Yunho chuckled

" I can't wait!" Yeosang said in glee.

The younger smiled and jittered in his seat at the thought of seeing the city during the day, not too daunted by the fact that he'd never seen so many people in his life, and that during the day there was probably even more. As long as he had Yunho he'd be fine.

The car began to slow as Yunho's apartment building came into view and Yunho signalled that the car was turning into it.

Yeosang looked disappointed as they drove into the underground car park, the view of the city gone.

Yunho helped Yeosang out of the car and the younger followed him to the lift. Another strange contraption that Yeosang had never seen before.

Yunho could see exhaustion written on Yeosang's face, he was seeing a lot of new things for either the first time, or the first time in a long time, it was a lot to take in. Yunho may have taught him a lot, but Yeosang clearly didn't expect the world to be so big and so unknown.

As long as their hands were linked though, which they were, the journey wasn't so scary or tiring as it might have been.

Yeosang observed himself in the elevators reflection.

"This is . .Me?" Yeosang questioned as he touched his own face.

It suddenly dawned on Yunho that Yeosang had never truly seen his reflection. He may have seen it in the reflection in the water of the lake, and in a reflective item that Yunho had brought into their dream world, but he had never seen himself with such clarity.

Yunho stood behind Yeosang, so his chest was to the younger's back and they were now both facing the reflection. Yeosang placed his hands on his face, touching his skin delicately and tracing his birthmark, his tears welling up.

"It's you" Yunho said as he pressed a kiss in Yeosang's hair, and looked into his eyes in the refection of the mirror.

"I got old" Yeosang said deadpan.

Yunho buried his face in Yeosang's hair and held in his chuckle "But you are still just as beautiful as the day we met"

There was a ding and the lift reached its stop, its door rumbling open, Yunho walked Yeosang out of the lift, the two boys hand in hand.

Yunho pulled his keys from his pocket and unlocked the door, the small silver lock clicked and Yunho pushed the door open.

"Welcome Home Yeosang" he said as he squeezed Yeosang's hand and kissed the top of his head. "Welcome home"

~ ♡ ~