The Present Time

Yunho rolled out of bed, throwing on his robe before shuffling down from his loft to the kitchen bellow, rubbing his eyes and wrinkling his nose at the smell of smoke that seemed to linger around him.

He made a mental note to buy an air freshener, or two, or maybe four on his way home from work later, anything that would get rid of this horrid smell.

He also added a side note to remember to close his window; no matter how tired and how quickly he wants to see Yeosang he should always close his window.

Once in the kitchen he grabbed his reusable travel mug and placed it under the spout of his coffee machine, and then flicked the switch on the wall sending its little engine whirring to life. He grabbed two slices of bread from the loaf in the fridge and chucked them in his toaster before switching on his TV and leaning back on the bench with a yawn as he waited.

With each menial day to day action he was waking up more and more.

The toast popped up after some time and Yunho smothered both slices in jam, he put his lid on his mug and placed it on the kitchen bench before taking a seat on his couch in front of the TV, to eat.

Yunho only half payed attention to the morning news, it was more or less the same as it was yesterday; someone in parliament did something stupid, someone died, somebody went missing and . . .it was all just politics and death. Uneventful and depressing as usual.

Yunho glanced at the clock, he was still on track for time.

He waddled over to the dishwasher placing his plate inside.

Yunho sighed, "Yet another boring morning in the life of the one and only Jeong Yunho" Yunho said to no one in particular as he kicked the dishwasher door closed.

Yunho then filled up a watering can and made his way to his apartments balcony to water his plants, he felt bad that they were stuck outside and had to deal with the smells of the city, they were hardy plants though so he left them outside rather than bring them in. They were in the end, just plants.

Yunho did like his apartment, and he liked that it was in the heart of the city too. It wasn't too big or too small, it was perfect. It was very modern and snug, and the loft kind of reminded Yunho of a tree house. The only downside was the smoke from his neighbour, it was a problem that could be quickly solved if he just remembered to close his window.

Yunho was walking to the laundry to grab his gym bag when his phone went off.

It was a ringtone he set for his boss at work so he immediately kicked into gear running to his room to grab it knowing it was a work call.

"Dr. Jeong speaking" Yunho answered, trying not to sound out of breath from running up the stairs.

"Good morning Yunho" the bubbly voice of his boss resounded down his phone.

"Morning Kyungsoo, how can I help you?"

Yunho heard the sound of Kyungsoo clear his throat "I have a job offer for you" he said, the bubbly voice from just a second ago gone, now replaced with his smooth work voice.

"I'm listening" Yunho said to show they he was paying attention.

"We have a patient transferring to our clinic under our home care service program from a neighbouring branch clinic. As the title suggests this patient requires care and regular checkups in the home. I don't know the full details but I believe the previous doctor is leaving for an overseas venture so can no longer provide services.

I would like to offer you that position. You would do your normal hours with the time spent attending to your new patient to fit in within those hours. Travel costs will be paid for, and a healthy sum will be added onto your normal salary if you so choose to accept this offer.

It's a little bit of a drive, about an hour to be precise, but you will be paid for your time on the road as well. You will be required to visit the patient once a week, with any further days at your discretion, days that will be paid for if you can provide in your reports a valid reason why a follow-up is required within the same week. SO, are you interested?"

Yunho took a moment to take all that in and consider. It seemed like a good opportunity, better than good actually. Travel costs would be paid for and he'd receive extra payment on his salary.

Yunho almost yelled Sign me up! But deeming that to be an inappropriate response he went for "I would be more then grateful to accept the offer. When do I start?" instead.

"Can you start today?"

Yunho held back his gasp, "Absolutely!"

"Good, because I said you'd be there by 9, I've sent you all the patient information via your staff email just now, make sure to give that a read, shouldn't take you too long, I've also attached the address and a mobile number to the email I've sent you. Good luck Mr. Jeong, and goodbye"

With that Kyungsoo hung up the phone. He was never one for prolonged goodbyes.

"OK 9am, patient information is in the email, address is there too ok, you can do this" Yunho told himself to hype his mind up.

Yunho looked at his phone realising that it was 10 minutes to 8.

"Shit"

He'd need to speed up to get out of the door and get there in time.

Suddenly it was a mad dash to get out the door. Usually he would have gone to the gym, had a shower there and then made his way to the office, but that was all thrown out the window now.

Yunho rushed to the bathroom splashing his face with water and quickly running his fingers through his hair to make it look presentable, he then zoomed to his bedroom putting on his presentable doctors clothes. Comfortable navy blue dress pants, a baby blue long sleeved shirt and tie, and a lightweight sweater over the top and his doctors coat.

Once done he sprinted to grab his keys, his coffee, his doctors bag and then he was out the door, skipping the elevator and zooming down the stairs instead.

He gave the lady in the stairwell quiet a fright when he flung open the door to the car park and sped past her to his car.

It was now bang on 8, Yunho had a 2 second breather before continuing his journey, because now he had to drive there.

He pulled up the address from the email on his phone and he was off.

A/n I am not a doctor so I don't know what the right terms are, please keep that in mind!!

Lorri xx