Headache's & Regrets

The following day Yunho woke up to an ear splitting headache and a feeling that he had done something wrong although he couldn't pin point what.

He'd definitely drunk way too much last night and as soon as he was up and the world had stopped spinning, he was making his way to the bathroom to gargle the bitter taste of alcohol out of his mouth.

Once he had gargled and splashed some water on his face he walked back into the living room.

A little pang of sadness shot through his heart. All his friends were curled up with their soulmates.

"Yeosang should be here" Yunho mumbled. But he knew that wasn't possible.

Yunho sat in silence on the sofa listening to his friends snores. He didn't want to wake his sleeping friends. Waking them up meant interrupting them, their sleep, their time together, Yunho didn't want to bother them while they all looked so peaceful together.

He sat there instead, envious that they could be together.

Yunho had never felt this sad before about not having Yeosang in the physical world.

Maybe it was because they were becoming closer now, more closer then they'd ever been, maybe it was because they were starting to act and behave like actual soulmates (and in such a short amount of time too), but Yunho suddenly hated the fact that their time was so limited, so restricted. That they could only ever meet in the dream space.

They had tried so many times to shift the world into a different space that might be more familiar to Yunho and help lead him to Yeosang in the real world. But the most Yeosang could achieve was to change the weather and that was mostly dependent on his mood; sunny for happy, cloudy for scared and upset.

The most Yunho could do was to bring things into the space, but even then once he woke up the things he brought in faded too, so by the time they met again the next night he'd have to imagine them into existence all over again.

Yunho had never craved a normal soulmate life so much.

Yunho's friends eventually all began to wake up and leave and Yunho was left by himself, his head spinning from his hangover and overall feeling alone and bitter.

After dinner that evening Yunho went to bed. It had been a common thing for a long time now for Yunho to go to bed early to see Yeosang, not too early though. His parents understood that he wasn't going to bed because he was sick, he just wanted to see his soulmate.

His mother only urged him to finish all his homework and his chores before he went to sleep.

"Hello Sangie" Yunho said immediately pulling Yeosang into his arms.

Something was off about the Yeosang though, it almost felt like the younger had flinched.

Yunho immediately let go giving Yeosang space "Why aren't you hugging back? Are you ok?"

Yeosang's eyes narrowed "Are you you this time?"

"Huh? What do you mean?"

"Last night you were really weird. You kept talking funny and" for lack of better words Yeosang went ahead and demonstrated his thoughts, kneeling down and punching the ground "You kept sticking your hands in the dirt, but it was weird because it was like the ground was swallowing you whole and you didn't even seem to care or notice. And . ."

"And?" Yunho repeated he was worried as to where this was going, he couldn't remember doing any of that, in fact now he thinks aboit it, he can't even remember seeing Yeosang last night at all.