#8

Hey thanks I have a ton of reads! I really enjoyed writing this chapter, so I hope you like it! If you do comment and vote!

When Sophie walked down the stairs, she saw Edaline and Grady in the kitchen just minding their own business. Edaline looked up and saw Sophie and clapped her hands.

"Oh, Sophie, you look so beautiful," Edaline squealed, giving her a I see you chose to dress up look. Sophie rolled her eyes, but her smile grew after Edaline complimented her.

"Thanks, Mom!" Sophie said, and she plopped down at the kitchen table next to Grady.

He looked a little skeptical of her outfit. Sophie could admit that the dress was a little short, but it was one of her favorites. And it used to be Grady and Edaline's biological daughter, Jolie's, dress, so Grady very rarely argued when she wore that dress. But today looked like it might be a different case.

"Are you sure you couldn't wear something a little more... concealing?" her dad asked.

Edaline swooped in before Sophie was forced to respond.

"It's fine, dear," Edaline said, giving Grady a shut the frick up look. "Sophie looks beautiful, and we have to leave, so she doesn't have time to change."

Grady frowned and grumbled something about Keefe, and Sophie bit her lip to hide her smile. She had a feeling that tonight was going to be interesting.

0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0

Sophie, Grady, and Edaline pulled up to the Vacker's house a few minutes later, and Sophie gasped like she always did when she saw the house. Even though she spent a lot of high school in that house, it was still breathtaking every time she looked at it. They walked through the front gates, and Biana and Fitz were at the doors to greet them.

"Hey, Sophie!" Biana said, giving her best friend a hug. "I'm excited for dinner!"

Sophie nodded and then turned to see Fitz sort of like... staring at her. He snapped out of it so fast that Sophie wasn't even sure if he had been staring, and he smiled at her.

"Hey, Sophie. Long time, no see," he said sarcastically.

"Yeah, right," Sophie said, lightly punching him in the shoulder and giving him a FRIENDLY hug.

Ok so quick note. Ik this next part is about the kotlc characters, but this actually based off of a true story that happened to me. Basically in middle school, there was this kid in my class who was sort of like a Keefe. And basically he sat in front of me in homeroom, and he was super weird and funny and kinda reminds me of Keefe, and he would always call me weird nicknames and stuff whenever he saw me and he would always hug me as a joke. anyway this kinda happened at an event this year so that is where this is coming from.

The three of them stood and talked by the gate when Sophie suddenly heard someone yell from behind her.

"FOSTER!" She immediately recognized the yell as Keefe, and she suddenly felt two strong arms grab her around her waist and hug her before letting go.

"Foster, wanna sit next to me at dinner?" Keefe asked jokingly, like a kindergartner who had a crush. (basically this kid did the same thing, but instead asked me to homecoming)

ok ill stop talking ik u don't care and that's basically the end of the real experience

Sophie rolled her eyes and smiled slightly. "Sure, Keefe."

Biana and Fitz were giving her very confused looks, but she was saved from having to make up an explanation by the parents.

"Kids, dinner's ready!"

Biana, Fitz, Sophie, and Keefe all started walking up to the house.

"Well, Foster," Keefe said, slinging his arm across Sophie's shoulders jokingly. "I'll save you a spot at the table."

Sophie smiled sarcastically and thought I have no doubt you will, but she didn't shake Keefe's arm off. They walked through the doors, where Grady was standing, and he gave Keefe the worst death glare that Sophie had ever seen.

"Hey, Mr. Ruewen!" Keefe said, as if he wasn't shook by Grady's death stare at all. He did drop his arm off of Sophie though. "Long time, no see. How you been?"

Grady scoffed and rolled his eyes, still looking angry.

"Alright, well ya look great!" Keefe said in an almost teasing tone.

Once he and Sophie passed Grady, Keefe bent his head down a little and whispered in Sophie's ear. "Hey, Foster. Any idea why one of my high school teachers is here?"

Sophie smiled angrily and looked back at Grady, matching his glare. "That is my dad," she said.

Keefe raised his eyebrows and asked her, "Really?" When Sophie nodded, he just cracked up.

He noticed Sophie's questioning look and explained, "Aw, Foster, that hilarious! How does it end up that your dad is one of my old teachers who hated me so much!"

Sophie shrugged and let out a sigh. "I don't know, Keefe. But can I ask you something?"

"Sure," Keefe said as they walked into the enormous dining room.

Sophie sat down and Keefe plopped down in the chair next to her, just as promised.

"Have you ever had a teacher who liked you?"

Keefe smirked and laughed lightly. "You know me so well, Foster."

She smiled and began buttering a bun (I almost just said "some buns" I'm so dirty minded sorry). She was starting to think that she did know Keefe better than she thought.

It felt like she had know him for a thousand years.

Sorry about that whole story thing in the middle I just had to. Thanks to everyone who has read my story. Please click the star and vote on my story if you like it, it would mean a lot to mean. Comment if you have any suggestions and I might put them in.

See ya, squad. Next chapter things will happen I promise.