#9

Hey my fellow Sokeefe shippers! How is everyone? I'm pumped because I got my first comment today so WOOT WOOT! Enjoy this chapter, squad!

Sophie hadn't eaten so much delicious food in a long time. When the meal was over, the parents started talking about politics or something. Biana, Keefe, Fitz, Sophie, and Dex, who had come a little later in the meal because of a mandatory repair thing, ran out of the dining room and up to Fitz's room. They all sat down in different places around the room, making small talk and stuff, until Biana jumped up and went to grab her shoes.

"I have an idea," she said as she slid her shoes back on. Everyone did the same. "We should play Basequest!"

Sophie laughed and rolled her eyes. "Bi, we haven't played that since we were teenagers!"

"Yeah, which is exactly why it would be fun!" Biana was already walking out the door, which Sophie guessed meant that they were playing basequest.

All the friends walked through the thousand hallways of the Vacker house, making their way to the door to go outside. Keefe leaned down to Sophie again and asked, "Ok, so what is basequest exactly?"

Sophie smiled and quickly explained the rules to him. When everyone was outside, they chose to draw teams out of a hat, and the teams ended up being Sophie and Fitz versus Keefe, Biana and Dex.

Ok so basequest is a little confusing! I'm just gonna say Sophie and Fitz make a base and Keefe, Biana, or Dex have to get to it before Sophie or Fitz tags them?? Idk

Sophie and Fitz were going to base first, so they ran into the woods behind the Vacker house and chose a huge tree. Once they told everyone where it was, they ran back to guard it.

"The dynamic duo is back together!" Fitz said when they reached their base.

Sophie smiled, knowing he was referring back to their high school years when they hadn't lost a game of basequest when they were a team.

"Yeah," Sophie said. They both stood awkwardly by the tree, scanning the area. They didn't talk for a few minutes, until Fitz quietly said something that made Sophie's heart skip a beat.

"You know, Soph, we never officially broke up," he said, looking at her with his teal eyes that used to drive her crazy. Now she preferred a pair of ice blue ones. Wait, what did she just think?

"What do you mean?" Sophie asked, deciding to ignore her troubling thought. She looked right back at Fitz, relieved that her stomach didn't have butterflies.

"I mean," he continued, pulling his eyes away and scanning the woods quickly. "we didn't ever break up, we just... decided to take a break when I left for college."

Sophie hadn't thought about that. She always just thought of it as a break up. She was thinking about what she should say when she realized that it was a bit odd for Fitz to mention this now and not maybe when he came home for Christmas his freshman year of college or something!

"Oh yeah, I guess you're right," Sophie mumbled, keeping her eyes on the woods around her. "Did you just realize that?"

Fitz sighed and leaned against the tree. "No, I've been thinking about it for a while."

Sophie nodded slightly and didn't look at him. After a quick pause, Fitz continued.

"Sophie, I- I never got over my feelings for you," he confessed, looking at her with slightly flushed cheeks.

Sophie wished she had water so she could spit everywhere when he said that. She looked at him nervously before refocusing her eyes on the ground.

"Fitz, I-"