#23

Hello everyone! Today I'm trying to update. Also, just a warning, my story will be ending in a few (like 5-10) chapters, and I want to know if anyone thinks I should write another story after this. Let me know! Ok on to 23!!

Finding Cassius Sencen was much easier than Sophie had expected. After Sophie, Dex, and Biana finished their delicious meals and paid, they simply walked out of the restaurant to Time Square, where they approached a woman who was sitting on a bench reading a newspaper. They asked her if she knew a man named Cassius Sencen, and she crinkled her nose and pointed to a huge building a few blocks down. She said that they would find him inside.

When they got to the building, there was a receptionist working in the lobby.

"Hello," Sophie said. "We're looking for, um, Cassius Sencen?"

The receptionist looked up from her paperwork and scanned the three of them quickly, and then looked back down.

"He's in his office, just down the hall. Room 121. It has a huge plaque that said his name, so it shouldn't be too hard to find."

Sophie thanked her and she, Dex, and Biana walked down the hall to the room. Sophie was a little scared to knock, but Dex pounded on the door before Sophie could build up the courage anyway. They heard some shuffling of papers inside and a chair moving, before the door flew open and they saw a man who kind of looked like Keefe, but if Keefe had straight, slicked back hair and had aged very poorly for forty years.

Sophie opened her mouth to talk, but Cassius was already shutting the door.

"Wait," she said, stepping through the door before it was all the way closed. Cassius sighed and opened the door, and walked back to his desk to continue his work.

Sophie, Dex, and Biana stood in front of his desk for a few seconds, and Cassius continued his paperwork.

"I assume you are here to see Keefe," Cassius said, and Sophie almost gagged at how squeaky and annoying his voice was. It sounded like Professor Snape's and Dame Alina's, the dean at her college, voices had a baby.

Sophie's mouth went dry, and all she could do was nod. Cassius glanced up at her and saw her nod, and sighed as he went back to his work.

"I'm afraid you're too late," he muttered. "Keefe has a flight at 7:30 tonight. He's probably almost on the plane."

"What?" Sophie yelled before she could stop herself.

Cassius didn't seem fazed at all. "Yes. Now I am going to politely suggest that you all leave because I have important work to do here."

Sophie wasn't going to give up that easily. "Are you joking?" Sophie yelled. Biana and Dex took a step back and looked a little surprised, but all Keefe's father did was sigh and look up at her with an annoyed look. "You forced your son to come all the way across the country and now you just let him leave after two days?"

Cassius set his pen down and stood up, looking angry, but Sophie didn't back down. "He's no son of mine," Cassius growled, glaring at Sophie.

Sophie was ready with a retort, but Biana and Dex stopped her. "Thank you for your time, Mr. Sencen," Dex said, grabbing Sophie's arm and pulling her out of the room. Biana followed behind.

Sophie relaxed once Biana shut the door, and then she slumped against the wall. Keefe was gone, again. She was wrong. She shouldn't have even gone to New York. Her anxiety was getting the best of her.

"Sophie!" Biana said, pulling her up. "What are you doing?"

Sophie sighed and leaned against the wall. "Sulking. Keefe's gone again. This is proof that I was wrong like always, and that this was all stupid."

Biana grabbed Sophie's shoulders and forced her to look directly at her. "Sophie. I did not fly two and half thousand miles to give up. It's only 7:00, okay? We can get to the airport by 7:10 and catch Keefe before he leaves."

Sophie sighed and realized there were no other options. "You're right Biana," she said, and she started running down the hallway with Dex and Biana right behind her.

They ran outside and luckily got a taxi very quickly. They made it to the airport at 7:09, and sprinted in. Sophie stopped once she walked through the doors and looked around at the thousands of people walking in every direction and looked at Biana and Dex.

"How the heck are we supposed to find him with all these people here?" she asked, desperate for a good plan or answers.

Biana jaw dropped and Dex's face lit up in the biggest smile, which confused Sophie more than anything ever had.

"Guys, what are you doing?" she asked.

Biana pointed behind Sophie, and she whipped around as fast as she could. And there he was. Late, as usual. Sophie froze and felt her whole body shut down and everything cave in. This was not real. How could this be happening.

She must have accidentally said some of that out loud, and Dex laughed. Biana was still shocked at their luck, and just breathed out the word "Fate."

She was right. Sophie started running before her anxiety could stop her, and she grew closer and closer to Keefe. She stopped when she was almost behind him, and all she could say - or wheeze, cardio wasn't really her thing - was "Keefe."

Keefe turned around and his jaw dropped slightly as his eyes widened. "Foster?" he asked, trying and failing to keep his composure.

Sophie didn't hear a word he said after that. She didn't listen to the sentence he said after he had maintained his usual chill look. She could only do one thing.

Yeah that sucked kinda but eh. I'm sorry this took a while! I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, and just a reminder that this story will probably end in a few days! See you guys! Bye, squad!